Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best solution for 150 shot bolt on car

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Best solution for 150 shot bolt on car

All right so my plan is to get a 150 shot on a budget and just wanted to be sure what kit or way to spray is the best if 150 is the max ever.

I have read that the plate kits are great and will definitely support that size of the shot, but was wondering about the safe margins for wet, dry or plate kit.

I know that this is a noob question, but I am on a budget and dont want to be wasting money on an expensive kit if I dont need it. Nitrous outlet, nos, and tnt seem to be very popular but, I am looking for the best for the price as far as reliability and everything goes.

I also forgot that for tuning I will most likely go with a kit from vegeance in the futuer as seen here

http://www.vengeancerd.com/cart/prod...prod=PCMTUNING

Would that be a good tune for a stock car with headers and nitrous just installed or is a dyno tune absolutely needed?

Thanks,
Will

And here is a separate reply from another board concerning plate kits.

Now as far as safety goes I will not skimp on any of the necessary parts for me to run the shot safely it just seems that everyone just loves the plate kits on these boards because everyone uses them with great success and I was even looking for maybe another alternative that would also suffice for my goal of 150 and I know the plate can do that but, I would like to see the options. And he only reason for the mail order tune is that vengeance seems to be a pretty reputable company and are still the closest shop I would trust with my car but, that is still a 6 to 7 hour drive for a bottle install.

Believe me, I have been drooling over the deals nitro dave has and even the brand x kits its.

Here is the thread of wet vs dry on ls1tech.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/626209-dry-vs-wet.html

Please let me know what yall think. I know this is sort of a beginner question with nitrous, but your input is appreciated.

Edit:I forgot to mention that this will be going into a bolt on 2005 m6 with ls2 and fly by wire
Old 07-21-2008, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

here is a link to our very affordable and high quality plate kit

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=398&page=1

Your not going to find another plate of this quality for this price. With its 360 degree spray pattern it provides the best distribution possible from a plate. This design produces the least amount of disturbance to the incoming airflow. It will definitley support your 150shot.

If you do want to run the 150 i would recommend a fuel pump upgrade, bottle heater, nitrous filter, spark plugs and a timing tuner. If you stay around 125 you can probably get away without upgrading fuel pumps depending on what your motor is putting out now
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

plate kit for sure. As far as tuning, We simply pulled 2 degrees a timing from my existing tune, BUT we did do a wideband tune for the nitrous, which isnt a must, but is more then worth the money. Right now im running a 150 shot without any saftey measures except a Window switch. I plan on getting the Dynotune A/F shutdown switch along with a wideband gauge myself. But with getting married this friday...my budget is gone... Most of the plate kits run around the same price. So its really up to you as to who you want to deal with