Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

setting up the best dry shot

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default setting up the best dry shot

what all would be needed to spray the safest dry shot. i know nothing is 100 percent safe but what would mae it the best it could be.

im think a lean cut off switch, window switch . but what else would yall recommand?

also how does you tune for a dry shot? i have an all motor tune on my car right now but i dont wanna pull timing and it be a turd on motor. thinking about spray a 100 to 150 dry on it. its a forged hke 346 with a 238,242 cam.

what all would i need?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

Our dry throttle body plate with the interface would work very well for you. if you are not family with the interface here is a lengthy writeup about it

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=interface

the interface already comes with the dry plate so you wont have to purchase it separatly. not only will it allow you to run a dry system post MAF, but it also allows you to pull timing all in one small package. the interface simply works by setting dip switches to the sized shot you are running. if you find yourself lean or rich then you can adjust the interface to add or take away fuel.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For a totally safe dry kit I personally prefer our Halo system and PCM tunning if needed. Your tunner can tune the car to pull timming when the nitrous hits. Or if you prefer to use a reliable timming device to pull timming I would suggest the Timming tunner or the MSD Timming twister. They actually pull the timming the most reliable way.

Running a lean cut off switch should work fine. I tried one in the past and did not care for it. however Dynotune has a new one out that may be pretty good. I have not tried it but it looks good. For the windowsitch I would suggest our digital unit with built in TPS activation and traction controll. We catually have the Halo systems on sale right now.
Dave
Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

hmm price of the halo system? and whats the biggest shot i could spray on it? 150 safe?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Group 5 will give you the complete package minus a timming controller.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/934999-nitrous-outlet-summer-time-specials.html