Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burst disk

Old 08-04-2008, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Burst disk

I had the burst disk blow on my bottle so I need to put the new one in. It didn't come with any instructions and I want to make sure I get it in right. There are 3 peices that seem like they go into the bottle. There is the 3000 psi disk and then there are is a peice that looks like a copper washer and then a smaller disk that looks like a small soda bottle top. I take it I need to put then all in but I am not sure.

I have tried a search but couldn't find anything about the order that these need to go in.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

What kind of bottle do you have? A Nos and Nitrous Works I know you take the fitting out that holds the disk and then lay the bottle on its side with the hole for the disk facing down. Put a new safety disk on top of the fitting and make sure its on right and thread it in and tighten to about 15 ft lbs.. Thats what I did and no problems.. The idea of the bottle laying on its side with the fitting down is so the disk dont fall off the fitting when you thread it back in..
Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Dude thats crazy i have never heard of disc bursting, but i guess it happens. Did you leave the bottle in your car in direct sunlight, or what happend?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

i had the same thing happen to me at the track. i was in staging and forgot to turn the heater off. scared the **** out of me when i saw a big white clowd over my car. good luck i pick my new burst disk up tomorrow to install and have never done it so waiting on you to say if it worked.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by transam69230
Dude thats crazy i have never heard of disc bursting, but i guess it happens. Did you leave the bottle in your car in direct sunlight, or what happend?
Ryan,

I was back in MN for a wedding and I left it in the car thinking that I would be leaving in the morning and wouldn't have to worry about it. It sat in the car and was a full bottle. Well I ended up waking up quite a bit later than what I had planned on. I didn't even realize it had blown until yesterday when I was taking my brother to get his car and I went to turn the bottle on and there was no pressure. At first I had thought the bottle valve had a small leak or something but after thinking about it I figured it must have blown so I took it off and sure enough.

Anyway it is a zex bottle.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Meen95z
What kind of bottle do you have? A Nos and Nitrous Works I know you take the fitting out that holds the disk and then lay the bottle on its side with the hole for the disk facing down. Put a new safety disk on top of the fitting and make sure its on right and thread it in and tighten to about 15 ft lbs.. Thats what I did and no problems.. The idea of the bottle laying on its side with the fitting down is so the disk dont fall off the fitting when you thread it back in..
Did yours come with 3 pieces? Like I said before, there are 3 peices that came in the same little baggy that the burst disk did and no directions in the box so I'm not sure if I only need the burst disk or if I need to put all the peices in and what order they would need to go in. I just want to make sure that it is all installed right so that it doesn't blow again during fill up. Anyone else replace a burst disk on a zex bottle with the zex blow down kit?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats crappy, cause nitrous is expensive, i won't be leaving my car out in the sun i got to bottle mounted where the backseats used to be.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 AM
12 Second Club

Mine is on the trans tunnel. It wasn't in direct sunlight and my back window is dark as hell and still got plenty hot to blow. I know I will never make that mistake again. $55 dollar mistake but could have been way worse!!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Teching In

I'm glad it was your burst disc and not anything else. Atleast you know those things actually work, lol. I keep my bottle in my "glove compartment" out of direct sunlight. I think the highest my pressure has ever gone was 910psi when it was like, 100 degrees out.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Let me know if you need to see a set of instructions. We have it up on our website and I can forward a copy to you. Thanks.

Nick
Old 08-19-2008, 01:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Let me know if you need to see a set of instructions. We have it up on our website and I can forward a copy to you. Thanks.

Nick
Just saw this. I ended up calling Nitrous Outlet and Chris explained it over the phone. I had all the pieces for the internal and external style blowdown tubes. I only needed the internal one!

Thanks for the offer and all the other advice from everyone and also a big thanks to Chris at Nitrous Outlet!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Burst disk