Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden nitrous for a corvette

Old 08-09-2008, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hidden nitrous for a corvette

Ok, since I am pulling all of this out the car I figured I would show you folks how to hide a nitrous system on a car.

The first step is to hid the stainless steel braided hose, which is the main feed line. It is a good idea to cover it in wire loom.

Then you need a good mounting location to mount the solenoid. I prefer to paint them black so they are harder to see. Then I find a location that is near impossible to find it on the car unless you know where.

When you have a solenoid location picked out you then need to find a good place for the nozzle. In my case I was spraying a dry shot and needed to place it before my mass air sensor(MAF). So I found this great location.

Now in order to make it work you often need some custom work. So I made me a bracket to hold the nozzle abou 6-8 inches from the MAF. I also had a special hose made through some stock fittings to make it look stock.

Now this setup on my car was good for 300 HP. I personally ran a 200 HP dry shot on it.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Nobody has replied yet, weird. thats a cool setup man. just out of curiosity, where did you have the bottle "hidden". as far as i know, there is nohwere to really hide one in a vette?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99_Z_155
Nobody has replied yet, weird. thats a cool setup man. just out of curiosity, where did you have the bottle "hidden". as far as i know, there is nohwere to really hide one in a vette?
you can hide a 5lber in the front bumper area
Old 08-13-2008, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Here are some more pics. BeerC5 is he master of switch panels. I had him do me this custom one, and have him working on a new one for my next setup.

Here is the FJO unit mounted in the glove box.

And finally the bottle which sits in the trunk under the covered well. BTW I have a remote opener as well so I never need to visit the bottle except for refills.

I just did the easy thing and dropped it in the rear well and covered it with the cover. I never had any people ever ask me to open the trunk. There are a few places besides the front bumpers you can hide 5 lbs bottles, but I am not giving those locations away.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So who leaked it out? And what type of setup is next since your "out of the closet" ?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks creative...
Old 08-14-2008, 07:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by red fury
So who leaked it out? And what type of setup is next since your "out of the closet" ?

Enough people figured it out eventually. As for my next setup I am looking at a direct port with a dedicated fuel system.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

umm... your bottle is going to get EXTREMELY hot in that well. You should think about putting some sort of blanket or heat barrier under the bottle. It's sitting on top of the exhaust. On the upside.. you'll have REALLY good pressure!

The setup looks good though. You did your nozzle almost exactly like I did. My pics are on Robert's website. Only difference was that I used a K&N filter and had dual nozzles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hidden nitrous for a corvette