Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Dyno Tune" LT1 nitrous systems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Dyno Tune" LT1 nitrous systems?

Anyone running one, how nice is it & how do you like it?
Old 08-24-2008, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

I have there Lt1 kit with most of the accessories they sell. Its an O.K kit. Knowing what i know now i would go with a Harris speed works kit. As it comes with better bottle brackets a gauge and the jets are rated RWHP. Plus the solenoids are rated at 200 hp vs Dynotunes 175. If my bottle pressure gets over 1050 psi the solenoids lock up and wont open witch is a problem with the smaller solenoids if im not mistaken. Not saying its a bad kit just i think there are better deals out there. A one up from that if you can swing it would be nitrous outlets plate kit. I am going to be getting there plate conversion next year and some bigger solenoids so i can spray a 200 shot.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jditlfm
I have there Lt1 kit with most of the accessories they sell. Its an O.K kit. Knowing what i know now i would go with a Harris speed works kit. As it comes with better bottle brackets a gauge and the jets are rated RWHP. Plus the solenoids are rated at 200 hp vs Dynotunes 175. If my bottle pressure gets over 1050 psi the solenoids lock up and wont open witch is a problem with the smaller solenoids if im not mistaken. Not saying its a bad kit just i think there are better deals out there. A one up from that if you can swing it would be nitrous outlets plate kit. I am going to be getting there plate conversion next year and some bigger solenoids so i can spray a 200 shot.
Thanks, i know Nitrous outlet uses the larger noids & they can be hit with 200 shot, this is on there baseline system. Nitrodave does put out some good stuff.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would recommend our single nozzle wet kit for the LT1
The quality and price is second to none. We use what we have found to be the most reliable solonoid on the market. Our solonoid lines use a 1/8" NPT fitting on one end so the line screws right into your solonoids no messy extra fittings taking away from a clean install. The lines are also 2' long to give you flexibility in your installation.
Not to mention the tops in performance!
http://centralfloridastreetcars.com/nozzleshootout.html

As far as the size shot - if you are looking for more than say 150 rwhp I would go with our larger solonoid. Yes we rate our kits at the motor as drivetrain loss varies but if you want rwhp that just means chainging the jet, but as the link above shows if you put the same size jetting in our kit versus others you get better performance!

We recommend running our kits at 900 - 950 PSI - Yes it some cases the solonoid may not open if the pressure is real high though at 1050 we have not seen them not open. If you need more power best bet is to change the jet and not the pressure.

Your best bet is to give us a ring - we will provide you the best combination for your application.

Thanks!

Dean

Quick Reply: "Dyno Tune" LT1 nitrous systems?