Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so...the line broke during filling

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default so...the line broke during filling

I don't have pics but I was getting my bottle filled and the line broke when everything was at like 1200psi..my bottle LAUNCHES across the fill station and hits a dude, bounces off a tire and hits the poor dude again then bounces off something else and wedges itself in between some junk. Shop is replacing the bottle and everything free of charge, but man. That **** was LOUD and ridiculous!

Moral of the story when you get your bottle filled don't be anywhere near it. And don't let your car be anywhere near it, because that bottle took the **** off.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn! I'd say that would scare the **** out of you.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL, I'm sorry, but the bottle hitting some dude, then bouncing off a tire, and hitting him again.....I would be doing this ====> for about 15 mins.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Haans249
LOL, I'm sorry, but the bottle hitting some dude, then bouncing off a tire, and hitting him again.....I would be doing this ====> for about 15 mins.
Ever seen one take someones head off??....I have...it's not too funny. I hope the guy is all right and not to much damage was done. I remember when I was filling a bottle and a line split....froze some finger tips and a forearm....***** F'n cold!! luckily the bottle was strapped down.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

my coworked was filling a bottle once and the safety blow down seal popped and the bottle flew everywhere. luckily it hit a fork lift and stopped.

Last edited by bigsticksupra; 08-23-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS1875
Ever seen one take someones head off??....I have...it's not too funny.
Dude, literally? wtf, that's out off hand. The force this bottle took off with though I wouldn't be surprised if it fractured a skull or worse. He got pretty bruised up, the whole experience has me seriously glad I have a blow down tube.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

well the blow down tube just vents the nitrous outside the car. if the bottle wasn't secured with bottle brackets, the same thing would happen..just inside your car.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cthulu
Dude, literally? wtf, that's out off hand. The force this bottle took off with though I wouldn't be surprised if it fractured a skull or worse. He got pretty bruised up, the whole experience has me seriously glad I have a blow down tube.

Yep....not pretty, see all kinds of things working in a Hospital ER/ICU, I get to put whats left of them on a ventilator and try and save them or at least until the Family can come to the realization of it all., then I get to take them off while the Family stays and watches.....Want my job??
Old 08-23-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Want my job??
I'll stick to being a windows nerd I think :-( Buddy is an EMT and some of the **** he tells me is enough to count myself really lucky that i'm in computers.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cthulu
I'll stick to being a windows nerd I think :-( Buddy is an EMT and some of the **** he tells me is enough to count myself really lucky that i'm in computers.
Yeah, they get the worst of it, but we all see it at some point, I'm a Respiratory Therapist.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow, that's some crazy ****, i'll keep my distance during fills from now on!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Want my job??
I feel ya man....I am a fireman and have seen some pretty nasty accidents....including 2 friends in 2 different accidents that were horrible (both died). People wonder why our SCBA fill station has a blast shield a bottle charged to 4500 lbs blowing will make you poo your pants. I have only seen the demo vid thank god.

I would keep my distance from anything filling under pressure......I hope that dude it OK but damn hit with the bottle not once but twice .
Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah you can't mess with nitrous bottles at all when they are under pressure and for gods sake if you are storing a full bottle do yourself a favor and store them strapped into a holder of some sort. I knew a guy that used to keep his bottles on a shelf in his garage. one day he rocked the shelf getting something else off it and knocked one off the shelf. the Valve broke off the top of the bottle and the bottle launched. It hammered into his car door and broke the glass in the door, bounced off, flew back toward him hit him in the leg and gave him 2nd and 3rd degree burns, then continued to plant itself into the wall in the garage.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep....not pretty, see all kinds of things working in a Hospital ER/ICU, I get to put whats left of them on a ventilator and try and save them or at least until the Family can come to the realization of it all., then I get to take them off while the Family stays and watches.....Want my job??
you're that guy at the party that just ruins the night.