Sponsored by:

ATTN: MicroEDGE users...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: MicroEDGE users...

Guys,

I thought that this might be an opportune time to give a few little tid-bits about some "hidden" features on the MicroEDGE unit. Take your time and read through them and if you have any questions on the purpose of the tip/trick or how its done, feel free to ask away! We will be trying to monitor this website as much as possible over the weekend to answer your questions and assist any of those whom still wish to get in on the pre-sale price. Remember the pre-sale ends this Sunday night!! Don't miss out!!

Tips & Tricks
What if I, the user, want to reset all of my settings back to factory spec?
A: Its simple! Instead of having to fumble around with each and every setting the MicroEDGE can do it in seconds. To reset all the settings back to the factory defaults push the MENU & UP ARROW button while powering the MicroEDGE up.

What if I want both stages to activate in a certain gear but I have traction issues?
A: If using both stages and traction is sometimes an issue try setting the TPS triggers to different voltages. Set the first stage voltage a little lower then normal, with the second stage TPS voltage where you would normally set it to. What you can do is if traction becomes an issue with the second stage you can ease a little off the pedal and deactivate the second stage while allowing the first stage to still remain active until you think the second stage can be brought back in, which you can activate it again by giving it a little more pedal.

The above senario is fantastic but I don't want to have to keep resetting different TPS values for each saved file. Is there anything that the MicroEDGE can do for me?
A: Another advantage with the MicroEDGE has over the other window switches out there is that there are 3 seperate saved file settings. Within these 3 files you can save different TPS values, or any other value for that matter and they are all just a button push away!

Well I have decided that I like my current file and I need the same TPS value, or any value for that matter for all 3 of my files.
A: Not a problem! You can copy files with the MicroEDGE controller and change only the values you need to change! The File Copy System can be used to make small changes between files. If there are only a few changes that need to be made copy over the finished file from one to the other, select the newly copied file and make the changes to that.

I was on my way home from the track last night and a fast car blew my doors off because I couldn't see the MicroEDGE to make a file change.
A: All of your settings are saved inside the three files. For a quick visual reference you can set the backlight at different intensities for the different files. An example would be file 1 could have the backlight off; File 2 could have it set to high and so on. This way you can keep the doors on the car and flip between the setting easily.

I didn't know, but my wideband sensor took a dump on me, is there anything that the MicroEDGE can do for me?
A: When using the MicroEDGE with a Wideband O2 Sensor system there is both a Lean turn off set point (Max AFR) and a Rich turn off set point (Min AFR). The Rich turn off point servers two purposes, the first being that the N2O system will deactivate if the A/F Ratio goes too rich, like if your nitrous bottle was empty. The second purpose is to catch a sensor failure. When a wideband O2 sensor starts to fail it will display an overly rich condition that is not present. The MicroEDGE will pick that up and disable the nitrous system until the sensor is replaced. This way the MicroEDGE will only activate the nitrous system if it is seeing a good signal from the wideband O2 system.

I just finished installing my system. I am nervous to try testing it on the open road. Is there anything that the MicroEDGE can do for me?
A: After installing the MicroEDGE you can test the wiring of the nitrous system by setting the RPM to 0, turning off the Leanout Delay to disable the A/F Shut Down and arm the N2O kit. Close the Nitrous bottle and make sure there is no nitrous in any of the hoses. You will only want to do the next step for a second as there will be nothing cooling the coils of the solenoid(s). With the vehicle in accessory mode push down the gas pedal and the solenoid(s) should activate. If the TPS needed to be bypassed it could be set to 0 and the system would then activate as soon as it was armed. Or if you dont' feel comfortable running the solenoids as you're doing this, simply replace them with a test light.

Hopefully you guys can take a few of these tips and tricks and implement them into your system. The instructions will also cover a few additional areas such as correcting any lean spikes etc. If you have any questions please feel free to PM any one of us here at HSW and we'll be sure to get back to you over the weekend! Thanks!

Nick
Old 08-29-2008, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

cant wait to get it wired in!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:44 PM
FormerVendor

Shoot us over some pics when its all done!

Nick
Old 08-29-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

When will these ship?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:48 AM
11 Second Club

I beleive we will receive them first week of sept.

Sure thing nick
Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't wait to get mine either, glad to hear your getting one David.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Units will be shipping next week! Remember last day is Sunday for pre-orders...Hope you guys are having a good 3 day weekend!!

Nick
Old 08-30-2008, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

good stuff Nick.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MYSTIC-1SC
I can't wait to get mine either, glad to hear your getting one David.
let me know if you need help wiring it in. Im glad i already ordered mine, We found out at the track the MSD switch is causing my problems
Old 09-03-2008, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Any update on units shipping ? I know its only been a couple days,got a couple Mustang guys that need a lesson !
Old 09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

I live md there in pa, if they shipped on the 2nd i should get mine on the 4th, its the last pice to my kit, i cant wait !!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
11 Second Club

I called to have my shipping address changed due to work. My Micro Edge hasnt shipped yet. But I ordered last week too
Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

hope they get here pretty soon I'm itchin to see how sweet it is, once its all wired in.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

i called too day. i placed my order for the all out package on the 21st or 22nd. he said they are shipping out the presale units, and that mine has not shipped out yet =(
i wonder how many people ordered this be for i did.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:01 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They probably got a bajillion orders on them. It's just going to take a little while.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

patients is a virtue...
Old 09-07-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing the possibilities of this controller, and am sure more ideas will come.
Robert
Old 09-07-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

yea, this is great product for the price, can't wait to get mine delivered
Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

yay, i got mine today. started installing but ran out of day light.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

=( Ive gotta wait till thursday