Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start?

I have a cammed 98 with stock heads and fuel system but has been tuned for the big cam and exhaust. I don't have a wideband or anything and I run 108 to 110 in the quarter on 17" dr. THe car is a M6 with a little work done, ls7 clutch and moser 12bolt. I'd like to put a little juice in my car to help me at the track against my buddies pullied cobra. Where do I start safely? I need to know everything. Plugs, fuel pump, cheapest kits, safeties, timing controls. I'm trying to stay on a budget of around 600 but don't plan on running huge shot maybe 100 hp. I'll do the work myself but if I need a retune I'll probably farm it out.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

You should look at HSW for all of your Nitrous needs. You can go with one of their plate kits and then a completion kit and that will have you completely covered. It will come with a heater, microedge controller (window switch, wot switch, lean shutdown & more all in one unit).
Old 09-02-2008, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

you have about the same mods as i do. i just bought hsw dry plate kit, waiting on the microedge controler. should have numbers next week. hsw has been GREAT! to deal with so far. all the items i have so far are top notch.
some people lik ewet, some like dry, thats up to you, but dont just buy a kit and spray, make sure you have all the "other" stuf to go with it
Old 09-02-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Nitrous Outlet has the sweetest stuff that makes awesome power
Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 PM
FormerVendor

here is everything you would need to run a kit safely. You would be getting A LOT of features for a great price on this kit.

Sudden Impact Single Nozzle kit

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

this is our All Out Accessory kit and it includes
HSW MicroEdge Nitrous Controller
Nitrous Bottle Heater Kit
Nitrous Purge Kit
Nitrous Oxide Bottle Blow Down Tube Kit
Billet Nitrous Filter Kit
NGK TR6 Spark Plug

Old 09-03-2008, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the list should I use any type of timing retard with my mods? Do I need different fuel pump?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by aaronbetzner
Thanks for the list should I use any type of timing retard with my mods? Do I need different fuel pump?
Do you know where your timing is set at? I would highly suggest doing a fuel pump prior to spraying it. Let me know if you have any more questions. Shoot me over a PM with your timing when you get a chance. Thanks!

Nick
Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

any bigger vendor should carry everything you need. I go to nitrous outlet but there are many others. I like n2o outlet because they will help you even if you have no intention of buying anything from them. They are stand up guys over there.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slomarao
any bigger vendor should carry everything you need. I go to nitrous outlet but there are many others. I like n2o outlet because they will help you even if you have no intention of buying anything from them. They are stand up guys over there.
Amen to that, Chris is a great guy, they answer there phones too lol.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by aaronbetzner
If you got with a dry plate kit from HSW, it will come with the "Interface" controller which will allow you to pull timing from the engine.

Go with a complete Racetronix pump and hotwire kit and you'll be covered. HSW has awesome customer service. They helped me out with a lot of questions when I had my NX kit and that was one of the reasons why I chose the HSW plate along with having the best spray pattern in the industry!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
here is everything you would need to run a kit safely. You would be getting A LOT of features for a great price on this kit.

Sudden Impact Single Nozzle kit

this is our All Out Accessory kit and it includes
HSW MicroEdge Nitrous Controller
Nitrous Bottle Heater Kit
Nitrous Purge Kit
Nitrous Oxide Bottle Blow Down Tube Kit
Billet Nitrous Filter Kit
NGK TR6 Spark Plug

So could a window switch be added to the first option? I need to read up a little on this stuff tho. This is so tempting....
Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

That microedge controller has some sweet options you should combine that with the timing puller as a combo. I'm wanting to do it right the first time. Full control of bottle pressures, timing control, plugs etc. I want to open the bottle flip a switch and worry about hooking up not blowing my motor from leaning out. Maybe a little suspension mods then run mid 11's without much trouble.