Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Fuel line question

I'm going to be running an NOS plate w/ NX solenoids. The fuel line from the rail (to the solenoid), has a wrong end on it, one is smaller than the other.

Can I change the fitting going into the NX noid or should I just get a new line? If I get a new line, does it have to be any certain length?

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

You want the fuel line to be as short as practible. The Fuel Rail is a -4AN male end. I used a -4 AN Swivel to come off mine.

Any of the nitrous Venders (Dynotune, HSW, Nitrous Outlet) can make ya a custom length hose and set you up with the fittings for a nice clean install.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:13 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

I didn't read the post close enough

Info deleted

-Chris

Last edited by Chris@NitroDaves; 09-11-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Didn't read the post correctly
Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 AM
FormerVendor

I highly suggest not replacing just the fitting. The orifice size difference between the 3AN and the 4AN fittings is significant and depending on the size shot you are running could lead to fuel supply issues.

Nick
Old 09-11-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
I highly suggest not replacing just the fitting. The orifice size difference between the 3AN and the 4AN fittings is significant and depending on the size shot you are running could lead to fuel supply issues.

Nick

That was my concern, I'm only going to run a 100 shot. I like the idea a custom length line to clean up the install too.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Unstang
That was my concern, I'm only going to run a 100 shot. I like the idea a custom length line to clean up the install too.
Shoot me a PM with what you're looking for and I'll do my best. Thanks!

Nick
Old 09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

I guess I had read the post to fast and didn't realize you were talking about the Fuel feed for the system I'm very sorry about that. If it was the line going from the noid to the plate you'd be fine just changing the fitting.

Are you using the lines that came with the NOS kit or did the lines come from another system?

The reason I ask the NOS kit comes with -4 x -4 for the fuel feed for that plate system and 2 SHO hoses to attach to the plate.

We also can build you an custom length hose that you need?

-Chris

Last edited by Chris@NitroDaves; 09-11-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought just the NOS plate conversion. (plate, feed lines that go from the noids to the plate & jets)

The line I'm talking about goes from the rail to the solenoid, it is from a NX- Ford EFI nozzle kit that I bought & never put on my Mustang.

Thanks for all of the help everyone!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Not a problem!

Nick
Old 09-12-2008, 01:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstang
I bought just the NOS plate conversion. (plate, feed lines that go from the noids to the plate & jets)

The line I'm talking about goes from the rail to the solenoid, it is from a NX- Ford EFI nozzle kit that I bought & never put on my Mustang.

Thanks for all of the help everyone!
I am not aware of any NX system being packaged like that. There systems have always came standard with a -4 18 inch feed hose with Red ends.
Dave