Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Direct Port kit to get??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What Direct Port kit to get??

I'm wondering what you guys prefer for your direct port set-ups. I'm looking around on Nitro Dave's page, and there are quite a few options. So what do you guys reccommend? The kit will need to be capable of a minimum of 300whp, and will be going on a Super Victor intake.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Idon't recomend any perticular kit but i would advise you to send someon your intake and have it flowed and installed. Most of the good DP guys will not sell you a kit. they match 8 nozzles 8 ( or 16) jets and make sure all the holes get the same amount of nitrous.

I know dave has done some awsome kits. id talk to him and anyone else you liek and get a feel for what they do and what you want.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Idon't recomend any perticular kit but i would advise you to send someon your intake and have it flowed and installed. Most of the good DP guys will not sell you a kit. they match 8 nozzles 8 ( or 16) jets and make sure all the holes get the same amount of nitrous.

I know dave has done some awsome kits. id talk to him and anyone else you liek and get a feel for what they do and what you want.
Thanks for the heads up. The guys that will be putting my set-up together are very capable, and deal with Dave on a regular basis. In fact, a couple of their cars are featured on his site.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Then I would have them call him and im sure he can send you the parts you need. I have always liked different parts from different kits.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We obviously love doing directports. There are many different options to choose from. Feel free to give me a call and we can determain what best fits your needs. Then you can get with your dealer to place your order.

Here is a gallery of photos.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/installs/index.asp

Dave
Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We obviously love doing directports. There are many different options to choose from. Feel free to give me a call and we can determain what best fits your needs. Then you can get with your dealer to place your order.

Here is a gallery of photos.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/installs/index.asp

Dave
You're already my nitrous dealer Dave. And any work that I don't do to my car myself, Ryan (RPM) takes care of for me. The work you did on my 85mm plate when I sent you my throttle body was awesome. I'm just not sure which DP set-up would fit me best. I already have 2 bottles, you're stand alone fuel system, and some other goodies I got for my plate kit last year. The new set-up is going to be an LQ9 408 with either All Pro, or Trick Flow heads, Super Victor, Accufab 4150, and DP. I'm putting the intake and nitrous together first, because I figure if I have to look at a DP plumbed Super Victor every day, the motor will get put together a whole lot quicker.

By the way, my current set-up w/ your 85mm plate and the 150 jets threw down 162rwhp over motor through a TH400 and 4.11's in a 12-bolt. It also still had plenty of room to be leaned out, but I'm already pushing the limits on the stock LS1.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Well Thank you...

I would post the plate system up for sale with on eof the bottles. Then just get a directport system with bottle. The reason why is that you will want the -6 mainfeed and the only thing you could really reuse is the bottle. You would come out ahead this way.

We have already plumbed a few Super Victor JR intakes. The 4 solenoid with Rail upgrade workes great and is really clean.. If you wanted the intake poweder coated or anything like that we could do that as well while we have the intake.

What shop are you working with?

Dave
Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Well Thank you...

I would post the plate system up for sale with on eof the bottles. Then just get a directport system with bottle. The reason why is that you will want the -6 mainfeed and the only thing you could really reuse is the bottle. You would come out ahead this way.

We have already plumbed a few Super Victor JR intakes. The 4 solenoid with Rail upgrade workes great and is really clean.. If you wanted the intake poweder coated or anything like that we could do that as well while we have the intake.

What shop are you working with?

Dave
RPM, in Garner, NC.

Last edited by 02SS:ZEUS; 09-12-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

You are in good hands there.
Im responding to your pm.
Dave
Old 09-12-2008, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

Definately a good bunch of guys that know their ****. Ryan's okay too.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
You're already my nitrous dealer Dave. And any work that I don't do to my car myself, Ryan (RPM) takes care of for me. The work you did on my 85mm plate when I sent you my throttle body was awesome. I'm just not sure which DP set-up would fit me best. I already have 2 bottles, you're stand alone fuel system, and some other goodies I got for my plate kit last year. The new set-up is going to be an LQ9 408 with either All Pro, or Trick Flow heads, Super Victor, Accufab 4150, and DP. I'm putting the intake and nitrous together first, because I figure if I have to look at a DP plumbed Super Victor every day, the motor will get put together a whole lot quicker.

By the way, my current set-up w/ your 85mm plate and the 150 jets threw down 162rwhp over motor through a TH400 and 4.11's in a 12-bolt. It also still had plenty of room to be leaned out, but I'm already pushing the limits on the stock LS1.
Copy Cat. lol, If I had it to do over again I would go with the TEA trick flows they are pretty bad ***.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitro Daves custom setup is the only way to go. a 2 stage on the vic jr. 4 solenoid direct port and spray bars!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by IH8FORD
Copy Cat. lol, If I had it to do over again I would go with the TEA trick flows they are pretty bad ***.
I'm not copying. My 4150 will be black. lmao