Sponsored by:

NOS TPI to LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS TPI to LS1

Hello every one,

I am seriously considering putting nitrous into my 99 SS. Right now it just has bolt ons. It has a typhoon 85/85 setup, just so you know what type of induction I am working with. I already have a TCI 3600 T/C, diamond subframe connectors, new slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads, Tokico shocks and struts and few other odds and ends that are going to be installed very soon. I have a 05151 NOS TPI system that I bought for a thirdgen I used to have, it is still brand new not even out of the package. I am trying to find out what I need to put the TPI kit into my LS1 as well as the accessories that are needed to safely run nitrous. I'm looking to try and do this on the cheap so I need to know what I REALLY need to run this system efficiently and safely. I am planning on starting with 100HP shot and going from there. Any tips and suggestions anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Nick
Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its a nozzle system it will work the same. You just need different fuel jets.

www.robietherobot.com has a free jet calc you can use.

As for safty accessories. To keep it cheep you will need a window switch. MSD hasa digital one it is pretty cheep. you will have to make a WOT switch either under the pedal or most guys use the TB lever to hit the micro switch. other than that you should be good.

once you get a little more money a good nitrous controller would be nice and stuff liek ap urge, warmer etc. but theys are not mandatory.

Hit up nitro dave and he can set you up with whatever you need.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That NOS kit is a plate kit. He will need the ls1 plate or just get a nozzle. I prefer the nozzle since you wont have throttle cable bracket/linkage issues. Also get the jets for an ls1 since the rail pressure is higher. Also you dont need to put it on a window switch if you don't want to just put an arming switch to turn the system on and put the spray on a button to spray when you want instead of just at wide open just make sure to spray above 3000 rpm.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a window switch. spraying to low or into the limiter can be an issue. also a window switch can be used to save a tranny by not spraying threw the shifts.

If that kit is a plate kit .get a single nozzle from dave and be done with it.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since that system comes with a -4 hose to feed the fuel solenoid you can connect that same hose to the shrader valve on your LS1. Like stated above all you need is a plate conversion, or a nozzle and nozzle adapter with jets..

Dave