Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoid Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Solenoid Problem

Could use a little help here. I just finished installing and wiring up my 78mm Plate Kit from Nitrous Outlet. Everything was very straight forward, and the wiring was not very complicated. Now here is the problem. I went to test the system after I got the window switch programed. Tested the fuel solenoid first, and it worked just like it was supposed to (sprayed into a bottle at 100% tps over 3400 rpm). Then I went to test the nitrous side. As soon as I turned the bottle on, I heard Nitrous leaking. I shut it off immediately. Seems to me the brand new solenoid is sticking (stuck) open. I know it should work, and click becuase both the power from the fuel and the nitrous solenoids are wired together. Same with the grounds.

My question; Is there some way to get the solenoid unstuck or what? I went back and checked my wiring and everything is suffice. Is there a different way to test the solenoid or get it to work correctly?

Thanks.

Zach
Old 09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zack,
Are you feeding the plate out of the bottom of the solenoid or the side. The side is a free flowing purge port
Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Zack,
Are you feeding the plate out of the bottom of the solenoid or the side. The side is a free flowing purge port
Well I guess that would be the problem then wouldnt it. I put the feed liine to the in side of the solenoid, and figured the other side was the out. Guess I should plug that and put it to the bottom. Thanks.

Zach
Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 PM
FormerVendor

lol... No problem... Common mistake really.
Dave
Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Ohh.. Or use the 1/8x 1/8 fitting that comes with the purge and you can purge all the air right up to the solenoid.. Plus it looks clean that way.
Dave
Old 09-23-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the help, Dave. Ill get it all squared away tommorrow, now that I know what I did wrong.