Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

I paint your game controllers!! $40+- *PICS ADDED!!*

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool I paint your game controllers!! $40+- *PICS ADDED!!*

SO I've been playing with my home theator accessories like my XBox 360 controllers and even the media remote. I've been smoothing and painting them just for the experience and fun of it. So there's guys that have the PS2 controllers for their hydraulic switches and guys that have games in their cars. So wouldn't it be so much cooler to have a controller to match the car?! Or how about just having some nice looking controllers in your house! Or you have a white controller and want black? I can do a variety of finishes too! How about the sand-like finish like on a military helmet! That'd give some GREAT gaming grip! Or even the military green or tans commonly used for you Modern Warfare of Medal of Honor players! Other than the camo, I use automotive paints. If you want glossy smooth, I'll wet sand and buff the clearcoat. If you want the original plastic texture, then no sanding will be done.

Just so you know, I disassemble the controllers so as not to cover the buttons. I also remove stickers that can be removed or mask over them. XBox 360 faceplates and car interior parts welcome too!

Disclaimer: disassembly of a controller or console and/or the applying of paints or coating will void most any warranty. I guarantee the finish I apply through shipping HOWEVER due to the BROAD range if possible circumstances, I won't guarantee the finish from damage after that point. Simply, if you drop a controller on cement, even the original plastic will get a mark, extensive use will EVENTUALLY wear through the clear and the color coats, wearing gloves may wear the finish more quickly, throwing or slamming your controller may damage the finish. "Normal" use (ie bare- and clean-handed, non-abusive) will have the finish lasting a good long time! Applying of a good car wax will also help preserve the finish.

Basic charge of $40 but it may vary. PM or email me (swiat34@hotmail.com) for questions and quote! Buyer pays shipping here buy I'll pay the return!

Last edited by Swiat34; 11-17-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics of ones youve done
Old 11-17-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a few pics, the only ones I have in the house since other have been mailed in the past.

First my XBox 360 Media remote. Formerly white now gloss black.

Next is my XBox 360 wireless controller. Regular black one shown to compare. The color is a Mirage Pearl I had VERY little of left.
Attached Thumbnails I paint your game controllers!!  +- *PICS ADDED!!*-dsc00643.jpg   I paint your game controllers!!  +- *PICS ADDED!!*-dsc00645.jpg  
Old 11-19-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bump up
Old 11-22-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks good but thats a lot of money for a painted controller considering they are 50 for the controller itself. just saying.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well after the nearly $20 from UPS to ship it back, it's not so much. Someone sending a controller to me wouldn't need the careful packing required to send it back, a padded envelope would do to send to me, but a box would be required to protect the finish to send it back.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

flat rate boxes are 5-10 bucks, 20 is BS if thats what your telling people. oh well good luck.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Let's be clear, I ship UPS. Or FedEx if the customer has issues with UPS.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Doesn't look like you are shipping anything........specially wit dat attatude mister
Old 11-28-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Right, I explain my shipping method and reason and it's an attitude? I don't make big profit on it. It's a hobby I enjoy and I might be able to put a few coins in the kids piggy banks. It's fun, I enjoy this stuff and I'm good at it. So I offer my service. That's all. Thank you.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:02 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Right, I explain my shipping method and reason and it's an attitude? I don't make big profit on it. It's a hobby I enjoy and I might be able to put a few coins in the kids piggy banks. It's fun, I enjoy this stuff and I'm good at it. So I offer my service. That's all. Thank you.
90$ controller sign me up

seriously i dont know why this hasnt been deleted, otherwise every broke *** on here would start offering to polish things and paint stuff for a small profit

sponcers pay money for a reason
Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
90$ controller sign me up

seriously i dont know why this hasnt been deleted, otherwise every broke *** on here would start offering to polish things and paint stuff for a small profit

sponcers pay money for a reason
$90 + he tells you..................extensive use will EVENTUALLY wear through the clear and the color coats, wearing gloves may wear the finish more quickly
Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

This is ridiculous. A paint job that would cost about the same as a new controller?? Damn, just damn.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Try craigslist or ebay man
Old 11-28-2010, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

dude there are videos on youtube that show you how to take the controller apart, then just buy a can of spray paint for 3$. 50$ is BS if you ask me. i would paint anyones controller for free just cause of how easy it is.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not $90, $40. And about half that is return packing and shipping. I wouldn't go out and BUY a new controller to get painted...unless you need another one. I COULD paint it for $5 BUT it wouldn't be worthwhile nor would it hold up very long at all. And it's probably not likely that someone would take as much care masking and peeling stickers without destroying them. I didn't put this up to make money off it. $20 goes into shipping and majority of the other half goes to supplies. The little I would "profit" I put in my kids piggy banks...literally.

The point being is that it's something I enjoy doing and could use some hobby time. Simply, if you don't want it done or don't want to pay someone to do it, then don't. I don't think it's fair to make me out to be some kind of ******* for it.

I put the disclaimer about the gloves because I've seen people use driving and other kinds of gloves "so their hands don't slip" and some gloves had be pretty harsh on a paint job. Did you all know people paint firearms? Not just camo but colors like pink and lime green and red etc. It's purely for looks if someone wants it. Obviously I use two stage paints and I apply several coats of clear to provide the most durable finish. It's "easy" to paint anything but it doesn't mean it's painted correctly.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

cool idea good luck sucks people are ragging on ya for something like this
Old 12-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by btownws6
cool idea good luck sucks people are ragging on ya for something like this
ditto
Old 12-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WTF Ive been gone from the ls1 scene briefly and I come back to stupid **** like this on this site.. What did every ****** honda owner move on to ls1's now? Seriously whats up with all the tards on here lately.? Dude sponsor the site or take your corny *** **** on down the road..

Quick Reply: I paint your game controllers!! $40+- *PICS ADDED!!*