Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

Dell Inspiron 1520 Windows 7 160GB Laptop

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dell Inspiron 1520 Windows 7 160GB Laptop

So, last academic year I was a Resident Assistant at Purdue University. A resident of mine that was graduating got a new laptop and he said I could have his old one. It's a Dell Inspiron 1520 15" Laptop with a 160GB hard drive. I wiped the hard drive with a fresh version of Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. It's pretty quick! I'm asking $400 via cash or PayPal. I'm willing to ship but only if the buyer pays for shipping.

Specs...

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 1.5GHz
Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW
Hard Drive: 160GB
Memory: 2GB
Misc:
-Wireless
-10/100 LAN
-Headphone & Mic Ports
-2 USB & 1 FireWire
-VGA Out
-Up to date updates including BIOS!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a computer repair shop, and I sell these computers for 300$ after I have gone through and tested every part on it... just sayin. Run hitachi drive fitness test and memtest86 on it to ensure at least the ram and harddrive are good.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
I own a computer repair shop, and I sell these computers for 300$ after I have gone through and tested every part on it... just sayin. Run hitachi drive fitness test and memtest86 on it to ensure at least the ram and harddrive are good.
I took out the ram and hard drive to test and scan in other computers.

Thanks for the suggestions though!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you run a diagnostic program, or just make sure they worked? Ive seen bad ram and bad drives 'work'
Old 06-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
Did you run a diagnostic program, or just make sure they worked? Ive seen bad ram and bad drives 'work'
Well I first did the basic defrag and error checking on the HD then ran the laptop through PCmark05 three times in a row as a little stress test. It scored 4,693 marks rather consistently which isn't too bad in my opinion.

As far as the ram goes, I threw it in my laptop to see if I could give it an overclocking stress test. Didn't get too high because it isn't performance RAM, but ran PCmark05 and 3Dmark05 both twice with again getting consistent scores.

I've been using the laptop when I go to work and there's nothing wrong with it besides it not being BRAND new with the latest gizmos. I do wish it had HDMI though.

I'm not some kid that just made a laptop work with a bootleg copy of Windows... if that's what you're thinking.