Notices
Non-Automotive Classifieds Sell almost anything here, with the exception of firearms and ammo

2010-2016 Equinox / Terrain 10" Sub Stealthbox

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Default 2010-2016 Equinox / Terrain 10" Sub Stealthbox

My daily driver is a 2015 Equinox. They come stock with a little 8" sub that just doesn't get the job done IMO. I modified the stock box to accept a 10" sub and now the thing pounds AND I still have all of my stock storage space too! I decided to build a couple more and sell them. The only thing comparable is the JL Audio Stealthbox for $550!

I'm asking $199.95 SHIPPED (48 states) for my unloaded version.

Here's more info from my eBay auction:

This is a 2010-2016 Chevrolet Equinox & GMC Terrain OEM subwoofer enclosure modified to fit a 10" subwoofer. This is the enclosure ONLY. The last picture is what it will look like installed in your vehicle with a 10" sub.

I bought my 2015 Equinox last year and quickly discovered the stock 8" sub didn't put out the quantity of bass I wanted! I wanted more bass, but I also needed to keep all of my storage room. I found the JL Audio Stealthbox and then I saw the price of $550! WAAAY too much money IMO. I decided to see what else I could come up with. I ordered myself a used enclosure off eBay and went to work. I cut it open to see what I could do and came up with what you see pictured. I carpeted the front after I had done all of the modifications and I think it came out very nice...and it's a product that's not even seen once it's installed!

I've had the one in the last picture installed for almost a year now and I'm very happy with it. I decided to test the waters and see if there was anyone else out there like me that wanted a Stealthbox, but not the JL Audio price tag, so I ordered another used enclosure and built this one to sell.

The Stealthbox has just a bit over .5 cu. ft. Of air space. It is a sealed enclosure and the sub mounting surface is 3/4" MDF.

You will need to cut off the plastic "lip" on the inside panel of the stock grill in order to have maximum sub clearance. I cut mine out with just a razor blade.

I am NOT a professional car audio installer, so please examine the pictures closely of exactly what I've built. I'm happy with mine and am sure you will be happy with this one as well!

I've test fitted an Eclipse Aluminum sub with a mounting depth of 5 15/16" and it fit. I don't think anything any deeper than that will fit, but any sub with a depth of LESS than 6" should fit well.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2016 Equinox / Terrain 10" Sub Stealthbox-equinox-stealth-box-i.jpg   2010-2016 Equinox / Terrain 10" Sub Stealthbox-equinox-stealth-box-installed.jpg  
Old 08-28-2016, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

...still available...

Quick Reply: 2010-2016 Equinox / Terrain 10" Sub Stealthbox