46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

UFC 91: Couture or Lesnar ??

Old 11-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UFC 91: Couture or Lesnar ??

Big fight Nov 15th, who ya like?

I think Lesnar has potential but not enough to take the heavyweight title. Ya never know...

Old 11-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think he has enough experience to take it from Randy but I like the fight could be very interesting.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brock is a monster, i'd hate to have him on my back beating me like he did in his last fight
Old 11-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL.... he looks so angry when he fights too, scary **** for sure
Old 11-02-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couture all day. Strength and a little bit of wrestling isn't enough to outpoint couture.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Brock is a SCARY dude, but Randy knows his weaknesses & will probably make use of them.....IF he can still survive that kind of a beating. It only takes one punch to connect from that monster & most humans go to sleep. But Couture aint human.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:31 PM
k30
Teching In

I am totally gunning for Brock but I think the odds are in Randys favor. Brocks wrestling is at least as good as Randys and he has the speed and power all over Randy but in the fight game experience can go a long way especially with a smart progressive fighter like Randy. Brock will eventually surpase Randy but I think he is a bit too green at this point with only 3 fights.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Couture will pull it off. I don't like Lesnar and don't think he has a place in UFC or MMA at all. The only reason he's in the UFC is because of his "status" and the "ratings" he brings just like Kimbo. I would love to see Lesnar get completely dominated by strategic MMA moves, not just brute strength. I personally watch MMA because of the strategic aspects, and if I wanted to see a bunch of huge musclebound *********, I'd watch wrestling. If this is the future of MMA, I will probably lose interest very quickly.

My .02.

Mike
Old 11-02-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by k30
Brocks wrestling is at least as good as Randys.
Not even close...
Old 11-02-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
Not even close...
ABSOLUTLEY NOT CLOSE! Randy is a certified bad-*** master in the martial arts. Brock is an animal. Skill goes 100% to Couture. But it only takes 1 punch to win any fight. If Randy can hold up & get an angle it's over. Should be very interesting.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:52 PM
k30
Teching In

Not even close? You must be forgetting that as an amateur wrestler, Brock was a four-time All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion and NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion. Not to mention his 106-5 collegiate record. He does draw more fans as Kimbo did but he and Kimbo are NO comparison.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:49 PM
9 Second Club

I would like Randy to win but I just don't think he can pull it off at his age. Brock is a brute, I'm afraid he is going to be unbeatable with a little more experience.

But Randy has always came through, he's truly a badass.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

Randy all the way. Brock will prob try to bully him around or tackle and lay on him. Randy's ground and pound skills should out shine him in the end. Another good fight will be Ken Flo vs Joe Stevenson..although I think Kenny will run through him! Hopefully Joe will bleed again like he did when B.J beat the living **** out of him.

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 11-03-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

well since it is a who will win, i had to say lesnar, but im pulling for coture. I think the only way this fight will end in cotures favor is by submission (or of course decision). i dont think coture has the strength to keep lesnar down if he is able to take him down, and i dont think he has the strength to get lesnar off him. if lesnar comes out like he has his last fights all coture has to do is survive, once the 4th round hits lesnar will be exhausted and coture would have to take advantage of it.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by k30
Not even close? You must be forgetting that as an amateur wrestler, Brock was a four-time All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion and NCAA heavyweight wrestling champion. Not to mention his 106-5 collegiate record. He does draw more fans as Kimbo did but he and Kimbo are NO comparison.
Yes not even close. You do realize you're talking about the guy who has 3 professional fights, and also did nothing to heath herring besides two knees and a couple of half assed punches. You guys are falling into the same hype as kimbo...
Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by k30
Brock Lesnar couldn't hold Randy Couture's jockstrap regardless of the outcome Screw Kimbo! He needs to stick to his backyard brawling...oh ya, looks as if he will now that E. XC folded
Old 11-03-2008, 06:40 PM
k30
Teching In

I completely understand your point, Randy is a far more experienced and credited fighter but to say that Brocks wrestling ability is not even close to Randys is a bit of stretch. Brock is a very accomplished wrestler, you cant win NCAA championships on brute strength alone. Brocks loss came from one of the best heavywieghts in the UFC who was the former champ lets not forget. Kimbo was being fed easy fighters none of which were even remotely close to the caliber of Heath Herring. Niether Fedor or Nog were able to KO or submit Herring either. While Brock may not be ready for Randy, he is more than just some roided out pro wrestler. Skill can win fights but strength and athletisim must be factored in too. Randy is the man at exposing weaknesses and I believe that is what he will do against Brock.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned

After seeing the way Brock acted after his win over Herring I hope Randy lays him out stiff like Rich Franklin did to Nate Quarry a couple years back!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Launching!

LMAO, now this is getting good.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm on the fence about this fight. I'm really not sure who is going to win. My gut tells me that Couture is going to take it, but the beauty of this sport is that it's unpredictable.

You have to admit though, hype or not, Dania White has us talking about it - as a promoter, that's half the battle. Face it, Brock Lesnar puts asses in the seats. In order for this sport to stay alive, it can't rely on technical battles alone; there has to be pinnacle fighters that bring a prescense to the stage. Brock, Kimbo, Hong Man Choi, Bob Sapp are flagship fighters that appeal to 85% of viewers that don't know what the hell their watching. These fighters help sustain the sport. So I say, Heck Yeah!!! Bring on the mis-matched fights, just as long as the cage remains open.

Just like in any subculture, the masses support the fanatics.

Search this Thread