Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Good wheel repair shop.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good wheel repair shop.

Took the Vette out today for the first time in about 4 months and was reacquainting myself with driving it when the weirdest thing happened. I was making a right hand turn riding the apex beautifully when the curb jump out at me and took a swipe at the rear wheel. Crossed my fingers when I got out that only the tire caught any damage but the wheel is in fact curbbed.

Any recommendations for a shop relatively local that can fix this type of damage? The wheels are painted not powdercoated so that should make the repair a little easier.

Took the Vette out today for the first time in about 4 months and was reacquainting myself with driving it when the weirdest thing happened. I was making a right hand turn riding the apex beautifully when the curb jump out at me and took a swipe at the rear wheel. Crossed my fingers when I got out that only the tire caught any damage but the wheel is in fact curbbed.

Any recommendations for a shop relatively local that can fix this type of damage? The wheels are painted not powdercoated so that should make the repair a little easier.

Last edited by NW94Z; 02-14-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Give me a call on Monday, I will see if I can find the guys card in my files. He is a mobile repair unit that hits the dealers and repairs their road rashed wheels. They are so good that you can't tell where its been repaired.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Had a wheel fixed a few year ago by a company called Dependable Wheel Repair in Renton. They did a great job and it was a very fair price. Check them out....

Last edited by GEARHED; 02-19-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: notasponsor but should be!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will tell you what, I don't know who can fix your rim, but I bet it was worth the rash. That car is awesome!!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the link and I'll give you a call Monday morn. Tom. I like the sound of a mobile service. Very convenient.

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
I will tell you what, I don't know who can fix your rim, but I bet it was worth the rash. That car is awesome!!

Halfway through the turn everything felt great. Caught the sweet spot of the apex. Like the crack of the bat when you hit a baseball just right. That all vanished when I felt the bump. 1 inch to much is all it takes. Could be worse as we've seen this week. Just mad at myself right now.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Dude man havent been here in awhile and sheas vette is gone now long story.

Come to my work ill get u a discount on a wheel repair, "Steves Custom Cars", we take all our BMW to them and they can do a curb rash for like $30-40 or all 4 rims for like $100 or so if needed. Also they do painting on rims so they can repaint for you.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilhomieb07
Dude man havent been here in awhile and sheas vette is gone now long story.

Come to my work ill get u a discount on a wheel repair, "Steves Custom Cars", we take all our BMW to them and they can do a curb rash for like $30-40 or all 4 rims for like $100 or so if needed. Also they do painting on rims so they can repaint for you.
What days work best? Can I bring the wheel in with the tire still on? Thanks for the offer. You have to fill me in on Shea's Vette when I meet you.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Joe, doesn't do you any good where I'm in Yakima, but the wheel repair guy I have is mobile, and does them on the car and they turn out fantastic. I would think they would be able to do the same over there.

It's flat out amazing what they can do. I had a 745Li awhile back that had one wheel that was hammered far worse then yours, and it looked like new again. Also had an M5 with a tough metallic wheel color, and he matched it no problem.

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Banned

Talking we were learning

spammer
headache post deleted

Last edited by GEARHED; 03-02-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

skips wheel werks in Beaverton works on all high end stuff fixed some rash on my Fikse's twice
Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
skips wheel werks in Beaverton works on all high end stuff fixed some rash on my Fikse's twice
Thanks for the referral. Had the rash repaired last week by Steve's Custom Wheel shop in Bellevue. I'd call it 97% perfect. If you know where to look there is evidence but without a reason to look for anything 99.9999% of people would never catch it.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got pictures of the repaired wheel? Glad you got it fixed.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
Got pictures of the repaired wheel? Glad you got it fixed.
I'll take some and post them up tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Here are pics of the repair on the wheel. I'll do a couple before and after:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

After looking at the pictures with the flash it is actually much easier to see the repair. In normal light conditions it's much more difficult to spot.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks pretty nice to me. I'll have to remember this if I ever mess up a wheel.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Joe, That looks great! Glad you got it fixed.

Quick Reply: Good wheel repair shop.