Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Local Photo Shoot

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Local Photo Shoot

Hey guys! My friend Shawn is a professional Photographer here in Oregon/Wa and I've been talking with him about getting together with us local guys and doing a photo shoot. Of our cars of course, not all of us holding hands Shawn takes amazing photo's! One of the best in the world hands down. Here is a link to his web site. Take a look through some of his pictures. He said when he shoots vehicles he can really bring the "BLING" out regardless if the car's paint is poor or not. Don't pay attention to any of his pricing being we are going to get hooked up. Anyways, let me know if you are interested.
http://www.shawnstpeter.com/index2.php
Old 03-20-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always interested, but cost is also a major factor.

Nice shots on his website, but I didn't see any car shots for true examples of work.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned

Well I'm planning on covering the cost of his hourly rate and drive time so no worries there guys. I think most of us probably just want some photos to have on our computers and not so much on print. Tell ya what guys, just make it out one of these days on a nice sunny day for a quick shoot and I will cover the costs. Just need some of you guys to show up. After the photo shoot I will pick out the best pics and send them to the guys that showed up. Then if anyone wants actual prints, we can sit down with Shawn and he will cut you a deal on whatever it is you want. Can't beat this offer guys! He really hasn't been approached with a group of guys with cars so that's why he doesn't really have much too show for car pics...but you can clearly see how bad *** his work is from his site and get the general idea of how nice it would turn out.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

You buy I will fly!! my car is like a 31 yr old guy trying to model with 21 yr old guys she has her bumps and bruises from years of physical abuse But she is still very sexy!!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zlicious94
You buy I will fly!! my car is like a 31 yr old guy trying to model with 21 yr old guys she has her bumps and bruises from years of physical abuse But she is still very sexy!!
You got it man! It doesn't matter if you have a show car or a rust bucket. He can work his magic with the pictures believe me. I just need Fbodies to show up! Hour long shoot and then we can go cruise somewhere and hang.

Oh yeah and Tommy Wong if you can't make it but want some sick pictures of your Z06, I would more then willing to come out and take it off your hands for the day
Old 03-20-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I might be interested depending upon where and when. I'd want to do my annual clay bar and wax first and I've been waiting for a little warmer weather. But I could do it in the garage. Need a couple days notice. I would be cruising in from the coast of northern OR.

What sort of back ground do you have in mind? I would not want to cruise into Portland and have a photo shoot in a parking lot. No urban settings for me.

This is on Sunset Beach in Gearhart a couple years ago. Nice flat approach anyone can drive on, even lowered. The lighting was wrong and the color of the car din't come out as expected. Should have shot from the other side I think.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm def interested in this, depending when it happens etc...

Mike
Old 03-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

Sweet guys! I'm thinking sometime here in a month or two after we get a stretch of good weather. Probably do the shoot out towards Hood River being there is plenty of nice areas and backgrounds out that that way.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Sweet guys! I'm thinking sometime here in a month or two after we get a stretch of good weather. Probably do the shoot out towards Hood River being there is plenty of nice areas and backgrounds out that that way.
Gorge would be great!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned

Yeah there is some really great spots out there!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

I would love to do it, but I don't think I'll have my car up and running in a month or two. I could always bolt the hood back on, load it in the trailer and haul it out to the photo shoot, and then get you guys to help me load it back up again. LOL

It wouldn't look good, because the front end would be way too high with no engine.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
I would love to do it, but I don't think I'll have my car up and running in a month or two. I could always bolt the hood back on, load it in the trailer and haul it out to the photo shoot, and then get you guys to help me load it back up again. LOL

It wouldn't look good, because the front end would be way too high with no engine.
I would lend a hand with out a doubt loading it back up! We gotta have you in the pictures with us bro! Just put that hood on and it will be good to go...or we could start a new trend and all take our hoods off and call ourselves "Oregon Hoodless Fbody"
Old 03-20-2009, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
I would lend a hand with out a doubt loading it back up! We gotta have you in the pictures with us bro! Just put that hood on and it will be good to go...or we could start a new trend and all take our hoods off and call ourselves "Oregon Hoodless Fbody"
Hey yeah, but don't be surprised if your hood comes up missing Elliot. LOL....

Mike
Old 03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Hey yeah, but don't be surprised if your hood comes up missing Elliot. LOL....

Mike
Ha ha...so I guess you will be off in the corner with your new hood having pics taken then
Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by elliott's94z
ha ha...so i guess you will be off in the corner with your new hood having pics taken then :d
lol,,,, :d
Old 03-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like fun to me. I'm down for a drive. It will prob be on a weekend and I work every weekend. So need to know a month in advance so I can request it off. Damn hospital policy.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

So my ? is who is supplying the female models for the shoot Elliott you still know those two freaks that wanted to do it along time ago??
Old 03-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zlicious94
So my ? is who is supplying the female models for the shoot Elliott you still know those two freaks that wanted to do it along time ago??
I do actually and I'm sure they would be more then down Just don't let them get too close to the M6 cars if you know what I mean
Old 03-21-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I will be sure to bring a can of jelly
Old 03-21-2009, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

elliot try and post-pone the shoot till i get my wheels! a rustic camaro ss on jacks might be a good pic tho..lol

Quick Reply: Local Photo Shoot