Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Vancouver WA folks, couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:58 AM
8 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Vancouver WA folks, couple of questions

I am driving up there on June 7, so should be there by June 10.
Can someone recommend a good, safe apartment complex?
I bedroom with an office, one bedroom with a loft. And a garage for my truck.

Also, how bad is the drive to downtown Portland? Are there other options? (Bus, rail, etc)

Thanks for any help

Larry
Old 05-28-2010, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would look into a apartment off a 164th in the Fishers Landing area. SUPER CLOSE to SR14 which will dump you right into I-84 or I-5. The drive into downtown really depends on what time you would be making the trip. Before 7am wouldn't be too bad (15-20min tops) after 7 probably 30 all the way up to 45 depending on traffic. Coming home from downtown to Vancouver is the killer. From 3pm on up to about 6:30-7 can take a good hour if traffic really sucks. I made this drive for a few years working in downtown and then driving back home to Vancouver. It's part of the reason I moved back to Portland.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've checked out a few complex's in the area several years ago.

The Meadows Apartment complex is decent, low crime and is close to everything like shopping, freeways etc.. They offer quite a few different options for # of rooms, lofts etc... They also offer detached garages and/or covered carports. You'll want a carport at minimum during the winter here,,,, it rains alot lol..

The Springs Condo complex is more expensive but you get a single attached garage. They're nice but they're also a bit older and parking for friends is kind of a pain. It's also very close to the freeway and low crime area.

That's all I got for ya....

Mike

Quick Reply: Vancouver WA folks, couple of questions