Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

anyone want to make some cash replacing a clutch in a 99z? portland or seattle

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone want to make some cash replacing a clutch in a 99z? portland or seattle

I am thinking of buying a used 99 Z28 that has a sticking clutch. I have missed my 02 formula too much. I am looking for someone that would want to make some cash on the side replacing the clutch, etc. with one of these guys..

http://www.tickperformance.com/ls1-f...-swap-package/

I am up in north seattle, but the car is on the oregon coast. It could be done anywhere from the coast to portland or seattle (preferably in oregon though so I'm not driving it forever on a weak clutch setup). You would have to have space to do the work in a garage or something. Anyone interested shoot me a pm.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to Wong's Performance or Ellis. That's the same package I am doing as well. Pretty much any transmission shop can do the work. A local one by me said they could do the work for $250 installed.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of Oregon, I'm on the Oregon coast.

If you are around Florence I would take it to Muffler Works or Tony's Garage. Only two places I will let work on my cars on the coast. If you make up up to Vancouver Wong's would be the man or up by you in Seattle Ellis with Speed Secrets is the place to go.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: anyone want to make some cash replacing a clutch in a 99z? portland or seattle