Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Upgrades For The Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Upgrades For The Tahoe

I'm a little bored today, so I thought I'd post up some pics of what I've been up to for the last 3 weekends or so.

So,, we picked up this Tahoe way back in 2008. She had 178,000 miles on it when we got her (223,000 now) and it's been a GREAT truck. I went through a dry spell with work for a few years (as some of you know) but always wanted to fix up this rig and make it look a little different from every other Tahoe sitting in the parking lot. So, Brenda and I decided it was time to mod the Tahoe a bit.

To start off, this truck is actually kind of a rare factory color for this body style. This exterior color was only produced in 2000, 2001 and early 2002 of this body style. Of the 1,050,000 Tahoes produced between 2000-2006, only about 50,000 were produced in this color. That is less than 5% of all the Tahoes of this body style. Anyway, just thought that was kind of interesting because I never really see too many of these around in this color, hence the research I did lol....

First thing I did was remove the ugly factory roof rack about three weeks ago. No pics of it with it on, but here it is without the rack. This is about as stock as stock can get lol...

The weekend after removing the roof rack, we had the front windows tinted, and I also de-badged it and removed all the factory body moulding from the sides. I think it gave it a real clean look, but it's all in preparation for later hehe....

Since pulling the roof rack off, I was scouring Craigslist for some different wheels for it. Finally came across these Foose 22's. They have some pitting on the inside of the lip but I might strip them down and powdercoat them. Still trying to decide how to fix them up but I got a couple ideas, maybe even Plasti-dip. All in all, I can't argue with the price. If I told ya what I got them for you probably wouldn't believe me. So here it is in current state.

Next up is going to be a 3/5 drop, new grill, different tails and few other goodies.

That is all........... for now.

Mike
Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good mike
Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

When you drop it, take the running boards off or do something with them. They just look out of place to me.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 AM
Teching In

looks a million times better
Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
When you drop it, take the running boards off or do something with them. They just look out of place to me.
Yeah I've seen them without the running boards and they look like they're missing something. If I did I'd probably get a body kit but I doubt I'm gonna go that far w it.

Good luck at your race today.

Mike
Old 05-06-2012, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
Looking good mike
Thanks man.

Mike
Old 05-06-2012, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
looks a million times better
Thanks. Should look good dropped. Can you paint chrome? I've heard conflicting things about it. Some say you can w self etching primer while others say it will peel off within a year or two. Thinking about color matching the chrome parts of the bumper and grill.

Mike
Old 05-06-2012, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great color. Love the tahoes. It's gonna look sick once it's lowered.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Yeah I've seen them without the running boards and they look like they're missing something. If I did I'd probably get a body kit but I doubt I'm gonna go that far w it.

Good luck at your race today.

Mike

Thanks. I have to take the bike back to the engine builder this week, so I hopefully have it back for Canada. BTW - Belated happy b-day.

I agree that w/o the running boards, it looks like it is missing, but at the same time the running boards don't quite look right either. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Quick Reply: Upgrades For The Tahoe