Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Just found out I got screwed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Just found out I got screwed

So a while back I bought a LS1 block that was decked and honed to 3.905 for 625 shipped. To my untrained eye the block looked great and it was a great deal. I'm trying to get the build done and my builder got back to me and said it looks like they used big shots of nitros and broke #7 sleeve. The seller repaired it but the block was too damaged and craked, they tried to pin the crack but it was a **** repair and won't seal. also #4 main cap fell out when he unbolted it. I can get a new LS6 for 750, but I've also gotta get it machined. I'm hoping someone can help me out and has a GOOD LS1 block that I can get for less than 750 to offset the cost of getting it machined. I know the chances are slim but it wont hurt to ask...The guy I bought the block from hasn't been online in almost a year, I'm trying to contact him...but I'm not optimistic.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

I will be selling mine but it won't be for awhile.
If you have a DD you want to throw my way I'll trade strieght across and we can pull the motor when ever you want. Anyways hope it works out and that's bullshit that happened to you!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I hope everything works out for you, I hear misery loves company so here is one for you. My dad bought me a "350" for my car when we moved to Oregon so I could pass DEQ...turned out the shop that did the install and swap put a 305 in its place and a few years later when I went to put new hi compression pistons and a cam in it the pistons were too big. Couldn't do a thing about it I hope you find a good motor for your rig.

Have you tried contacting B&R auto wrecking down on Columbia Ave? they seem to sell a lot of pull out motors, maybe they could do a deal for you.
Jessica
Old 05-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 78_elky
I hope everything works out for you, I hear misery loves company so here is one for you. My dad bought me a "350" for my car when we moved to Oregon so I could pass DEQ...turned out the shop that did the install and swap put a 305 in its place and a few years later when I went to put new hi compression pistons and a cam in it the pistons were too big. Couldn't do a thing about it I hope you find a good motor for your rig.

Have you tried contacting B&R auto wrecking down on Columbia Ave? they seem to sell a lot of pull out motors, maybe they could do a deal for you.
Jessica
Ill look into that, thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Teching In

i have the one out of my vette that spun a rod bearing. PM your number
Old 05-24-2012, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Tim. In your current motor you spun it?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

The one that was in the vette was spun, he put his ls6 from his Camaro in the vette.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Lol I got it now

Quick Reply: Just found out I got screwed