Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

LeMay car museum, Grand Opening

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LeMay car museum, Grand Opening

Anyone going to the Grand Opening of the LeMay car museum in Tacoma next weekend? They are having a car show on both June 2 and June 3.

We are coming down in the Firehawk from British Columbia, and will be showing the car on June 2. It would be great if other F-body owners from the PNW area show up too. F-bodies are becoming rarer and rarer to see on the roads, so if they are running, bring 'em out!

We toured the LeMay collection several years ago, when it was stored at the former military academy. It will be great to see the new building, and see the 120-odd cars they selected for inclusion at the new museum.

Hopefully see you at the show!

---------------
1999 Trans Am Firehawk #C08
All GM and SLP Options, and lots of aftermarket stuff, too.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Just got back. Pretty amazing show, too bad no Camaros/Firebirds or even late model Corvettes attended. There were a couple of early C3 Corvettes. Saturday started out rainy, which may have kept some away. But we were surrounded by some pretty serious machinery: the highlights for me were a Ford GT, several Ferraris, several deTomaso Panteras, Shelby Cobras, a whole bunch of British sports cars, an Aston Martin, an old roadster powered by a jet turbine engine, the list went on. The sun came out, and the weather changed for the (much) better.

The museum itself is amazing, and featured many significant cars, either as part of the LeMay collection, or on loan. For example: Ferrari Daytona, and a Ferrari F40. There was a Tucker, and a Duesenberg. I could have spent all day wandering around. It is on five levels. At the bottom level, in a separate garage, I was amazed to see a brand new Lexus LFA. (If you don't know how rare that is, Google it!)

Anyway, we had a great time. For those of you in the PNW, I would make a trip to the LeMay museum on your short list of things to do in the immediate future.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

That sounds like a good time. We had a LFA in my hometown two weeks ago that lexus was letting a select few drive it on some of the roads around here. I doubt anybody but super rich people could do anything more than look at it.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I lived less than 10 miles from that when it was being built but I moved back to Portland 6 months before it opened. Even helped bid the project with the company I worked for up there...It looked awesome, all 6 different designs I looked at haha. I'm glad its finally open and it sounds like the cars are pretty much a once in a life time thing to see.
Jessica

Quick Reply: LeMay car museum, Grand Opening