Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Good alignment shop in Portland/Beaverton?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good alignment shop in Portland/Beaverton?

Need to get an alignment and refuse to go to Les Schwab or Meineke. Suggestions?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I know you said not Les Schwab but if you call the one in Sherwood and talk to Cam (manager) and tell him what you want he can usually help you. I never take my car there for anything (too many bad experiences) but I will trust him to get his guys to do a good alignment on my cars.
They even did a good job on my El Camino and it has double adjustable rear trailing arms that needed to be adjusted right so the car would track straight down the road. They list it as a front alignment only but after I talked to them they just charged me a bit more and did the rear as well. It turned out great; before I had "eye-balled" it and was <1/32" off and the car drove slightly sideways down the road.
Jessica
Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

I've heard "Lineup Shop" is good, but after taking my car there was a learning experience. I wouldn't reccomend it. Actually, the Schwab right off hgwy 26 by Intel and Cornelious Pass did work twice. Thumbs up. Just make sure only Adam does the work. He really knows suspensions.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Teching In

I appreciate the recommendations but I'd rather pay the premium and go to a dealership or Matrix Integrated before I take my car to Schwab.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

I have Eatons do mine for 89.95
Went to a big expensive shop in portland once .. supposed experts from PIR and also had it done at a place in vancouver.. way expensive shop.. cost me 450 ... recommended by the wonger

None of them were smart enough to pick up and resolve a simple issue of geometry with the lower control arm and the rotor.

Had to figure it out myself.

If you have a stock setup go to Eatons, they are just down the road from you. Stay away from Schwabbys for anything you buy or service... just dont like their model of sell sell sell one single bit and then sell some more ..
Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a place in Beaverton off TV highway I think it is called alignment specialties. Its what they do. The guy is kind of a grump but he has always done good work. Paradise Auto in Tualatin is good to but thinks he knows it all so its frustrating with moded stuff...which is funny because he has a modded Z06, Drag car and working on a pro touring 59 el camino.

Quick Reply: Good alignment shop in Portland/Beaverton?