Zombie Apocalypse, Who's Locked And Loaded? - LS1TECH

Log In 


Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Zombie Apocalypse, Who's Locked And Loaded?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (36)
 
Mikey 97Z M6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,037
Default Zombie Apocalypse, Who's Locked And Loaded?

LOL,,,, I saw this sign on 192nd in Vancouver today and had to stop and snap a pic. Somebody's got a sense of humor.

So who's got their AR's ready for some Zombieland double-tap? LOL...



Mike
Mikey 97Z M6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
On The Tree
iTrader: (2)
 
tmoney223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Keizer, OR
Posts: 133
Default

Lol I've seen those but only online and thought they were CGI and not real..that's awesome.
tmoney223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
TECH Regular
 
Coppertone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 439
Default

The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse for me will be pretending I'm not excited.
Coppertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
TECH Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Rockin C Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 433
Default

Hahaha. Thanks Mike. I'm sending this to a friend.
Rockin C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (36)
 
Mikey 97Z M6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney223 View Post
Lol I've seen those but only online and thought they were CGI and not real..that's awesome.
I know, right... Funny **** for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse for me will be pretending I'm not excited.
Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing View Post
Hahaha. Thanks Mike. I'm sending this to a friend.
I read it and didn't really click at first, maybe I've been on too many gun related websites lately lol.... Then I was like, WTF,,, and started laughing while jamming the brakes and pulling over. When I was leaving, I saw a couple other people stopping to take pics also. Funny ****.

Mike
Mikey 97Z M6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
12 Second Club
iTrader: (13)
 
*02WS6TURK*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon Grown
Posts: 1,631
Default

That is great! My BCM AR is locked and loaded!
*02WS6TURK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
Teching In
 
SsSteven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 30
Default

You know I'm locked and loaded. We should all go out and do some target practice sometime.
SsSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (4)
 
02sslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: longview, wa
Posts: 651
Default

I'm so ready to kill the undead
02sslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (36)
 
Mikey 97Z M6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK* View Post
That is great! My BCM AR is locked and loaded!
Nice! Been looking at the CMMG AR uppers. Seem to be a good product and reasonably priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsSteven View Post
You know I'm locked and loaded. We should all go out and do some target practice sometime.
Once I get one, you know we're heading to the pit!!

Mike
Mikey 97Z M6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
TwoFast4Lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LT1 land...the "409" of the 90s!
Posts: 9,994
Default

Maybe......






TwoFast4Lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
On The Tree
iTrader: (1)
 
Vexzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Castle Hills, TX
Posts: 184
Default

And knives never need reloading!
Vexzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
12 Second Club
iTrader: (13)
 
*02WS6TURK*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon Grown
Posts: 1,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6 View Post
Nice! Been looking at the CMMG AR uppers. Seem to be a good product and reasonably priced.
Once I get one, you know we're heading to the pit!!

Mike
I pieced together my entire AR and put it together. Best way to go rather than buying one already put together. You'll spend less $$$ and have it customized to your liking. Also, I'd go with Bravo Company (BCM) I've owned CMMG and also Bushmaster. BCM is the way to go as far as the upper & bolt carrier go.
*02WS6TURK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (4)
 
02sslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: longview, wa
Posts: 651
Default

No need for all these fancy automatics. I'm goin with the classic zombie slayer, double barrel side by side or over under 12 gauge
02sslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (4)
 
02sslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: longview, wa
Posts: 651
Default

Actually...AA-12
02sslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (4)
 
02sslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: longview, wa
Posts: 651
Default

If a zombie apocalypse ever came true I don't think it would go far there are plenty of people with guns and ammo that would live nothing more than to blow away zombies all day. It would never go as far as it does in movies and tv shows
02sslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (36)
 
Mikey 97Z M6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK* View Post
I pieced together my entire AR and put it together. Best way to go rather than buying one already put together. You'll spend less $$$ and have it customized to your liking. Also, I'd go with Bravo Company (BCM) I've owned CMMG and also Bushmaster. BCM is the way to go as far as the upper & bolt carrier go.
I've contemplated building one from scratch but I will more than likely buy a complete upper. What didnt you like about the CMMG?

Mike
Mikey 97Z M6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #17
Staging Lane
iTrader: (3)
 
Bird.is.Word's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 86
Default

I could probably take a few out.
Attached Thumbnails
Zombie Apocalypse, Who's Locked And Loaded?-img_0331.jpg   Zombie Apocalypse, Who's Locked And Loaded?-img_0319.jpg  
Bird.is.Word is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #18
12 Second Club
iTrader: (13)
 
*02WS6TURK*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon Grown
Posts: 1,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sslayer View Post
Actually...AA-12
Good luck with that! Awesome weapon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sslayer View Post
No need for all these fancy automatics. I'm goin with the classic zombie slayer, double barrel side by side or over under 12 gauge
Have fun reloading that side by side & Over under and toting around large heavy rounds. That's for close range and a pump action or semi that can hold 8+1 rounds is the better choice. Some sort of rifle w/ several high-cap mags is a must. My choice is my NHM-91 AK-47. My .45 on will be on the side and the AR over the shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6 View Post
I've contemplated building one from scratch but I will more than likely buy a complete upper. What didnt you like about the CMMG?

Mike
Feeding issues with their complete upper and on another totally different rifle they offer.

What barrel length do you want? 20"/18"/16''/14.5"/11.5/10.5"? All the above?

Then you gotta figure out if you want a carbine or a mid length upper. I went w/ a light weight mid length Cold Hammer Forged Barreled Upper.

Just from personal experience and all the different members I shoot with, I would def go the BCM route. You won't be sorry brotha!

Palmetto State Armory is a good place to check out for a lower, butt stock, grip and handguards. They have sells with the lowers completely assembled or if you wanna do it yourself, you can save anywhere from $50-80 if you put it together yourself.
*02WS6TURK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (36)
 
Mikey 97Z M6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK* View Post

What barrel length do you want? 20"/18"/16''/14.5"/11.5/10.5"? All the above?

Then you gotta figure out if you want a carbine or a mid length upper. I went w/ a light weight mid length Cold Hammer Forged Barreled Upper.

Just from personal experience and all the different members I shoot with, I would def go the BCM route. You won't be sorry brotha!

Palmetto State Armory is a good place to check out for a lower, butt stock, grip and handguards. They have sells with the lowers completely assembled or if you wanna do it yourself, you can save anywhere from $50-80 if you put it together yourself.
I'm torn between a 14.5" and 16" barrel, but I'm leaning toward a 14.5".

Here's a little bit of what I'm after for the rest:

-Chrome lined barrel
-5.56 NATO
-1/7 twist
-M4 feed ramps
-Middy upper
-A3 upper receiver

I'm still researching the pros/cons of all the other items etc.. The idea of building my own AR is very intriguing.

I like the Daniel Defense stuff as well but haven't talked to anyone with personal experience.

Mike
Mikey 97Z M6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #20
12 Second Club
iTrader: (13)
 
*02WS6TURK*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon Grown
Posts: 1,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6 View Post
I'm torn between a 14.5" and 16" barrel, but I'm leaning toward a 14.5".

Here's a little bit of what I'm after for the rest:

-Chrome lined barrel
-5.56 NATO
-1/7 twist
-M4 feed ramps
-Middy upper
-A3 upper receiver

I'm still researching the pros/cons of all the other items etc.. The idea of building my own AR is very intriguing.

I like the Daniel Defense stuff as well but haven't talked to anyone with personal experience.

Mike
Daniel Defense is good. My brother has one. He's got a whole collection of AR's. His personal favorites are his BCM's.

Here's the one I put together.

Cold Hammer Forged Barrels
M4 Feed Ramp Barrel Extension
M4 Feed Ramp Flat Top Receiver
T-Marked Upper Receivers
USGI 1/7 Twist Rates
USGI 5.56 NATO Chambers
Mil-Spec 11595E - Certified Barrel Steel (CMV)
Chrome Lined Bore and Chamber
Manganese Phosphate Barrel Finish
Mil-Spec F-Marked Forged Front Sights
USGI Government Profile Barrels
HPT (High Pressure Test) Barrels
MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected) Barrels

I went w/ a 14.5" You'll be happy with the 14.5" One of the best overall length's IMO.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...d-14lw-bfh.htm

I've also got a few Colt A4 carry handles laying around I can throw your way if you get one. It's good to have one on hand in case you optics go out. I enjoy iron sights too.
*02WS6TURK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from Vancouver WA Zekul Introductions & Greetings 4 05-07-2015 05:51 PM
Cruise for Your Cause April 25, 2015 - Metro Vancouver thump911 Canadian Members 0 02-14-2015 10:17 AM
Greehorn from Vancouver, Canada krawdaddy Introductions & Greetings 1 10-31-2014 02:37 PM
"Cruisin The Gut" in Vancouver Today Mikey 97Z M6 Northwest Members 2 07-19-2014 04:25 PM
May 16--Make a Wish event for a little boy who loves cars and trucks dejatrois Northwest Members 7 05-17-2014 12:32 AM


Tags
a3, apocalypse, bag, camaro, excited, jc98ss, ls1, not, pure, purolator, recievers, tactical, trra, upper, washington, zombie

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.