Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

What mods would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What mods would you do?

My dad has an 08 yellow vette with the ls3, that he wants to do some mods to it. He wants an aggressive sounding cam, doesn't really care about performance just wants a really lopey cam that is still drivable . Also he wants headers, my thought was kooks 1 7/8's. As far as looks, I was thinking of wrapping the roof in black not sure on gloss or matte and plasti dipping the stock wheels gloss or regular plates dip black. So what I am asking is what lopey cam, gloss or matte roof and wheels and headers.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

I'd say if you do the roof gloss do the wheels gloss and if you do it flat do the same for the wheels. I personally like flat or semigloss more than gloss black but either would look really nice on a vette. The semi gloss might look more tough
Jessica
Old 01-27-2015, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If he doesn't care about performance as far as the cam just pick the cheapest stick with an overlap higher than 0 and he should be all set.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with American racing headers thats whats going on my c5 but kooks are nice too.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokinponcho73
My dad has an 08 yellow vette with the ls3, that he wants to do some mods to it. He wants an aggressive sounding cam, doesn't really care about performance just wants a really lopey cam that is still drivable . Also he wants headers, my thought was kooks 1 7/8's. As far as looks, I was thinking of wrapping the roof in black not sure on gloss or matte and plasti dipping the stock wheels gloss or regular plates dip black. So what I am asking is what lopey cam, gloss or matte roof and wheels and headers.
Hello, we have several camshaft, head and header packages available.
We can offer parts to install yourself with our remote tuner. Or we can perform the service at our facility. We pride our self's on the drive ability of our packages.

Quick Reply: What mods would you do?