Rezbird

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rezbird

Firebird from the rez

Hello northwest,

Im here on the Camas Prairie in Idaho. Seen a Lambo the other day, but dont see many firebirds/camaros around here. Where are they hiding at?

Been on Ls1tech when i got my bird, havent really explored the site till today and noticed a northwest section. AWESOME!

Well a little about me, I work for John Deere and have access to there heated shop and huge selection of tools. Pretty lucky.

Last year I traded my quadzilla for a 95 pontiac trans am. Thought i walked away with an awesome deal. Car smoked a little bit at WOT but had plenty of power and mods. Turned out i was wrong. Cracked block and heads Gave my excellent condition one of a kind quad for a yard ornament.

but im one who always has high hopes and can find beauty and potential in ****. So instead of scraping or parting out the bird, i embarked on my current project. !BBC 4th gen!

Currently on putting the motor in the car. Just got to remember that big things can fit in tight places

Its been nothing but a hunt and chase for me. Ive ordered and returned many parts and even reordered. But i have everything now.... at least i think i do.

Here are some pics and other relevant info.

Gen V 7.4 454 4.290 bore
10114156 "peanut" heads----ported and polished.
Completely rebuilt.
Flat top pistons
Carter 750 Carb
Street-master 2-0 Manifold
Lunati Voodoo Valve train kit 10110702K
Hooker Headers 2455
Borla dual 3in Exhaust
MSD Ignition
(Wanted to keep my t56 transmission. Had a pain in the *** time finding a flywheel that would work. Gonna have a write up on another forum about this so it may help other people choose.)
Mcleod flywheel 460370. with weight kit
Kupp Stage 2 Clutch.
BMR K-Member km005

Crankshaft

Ready for Heads

Finished paint

After engine removal

Before my BBC Project....Evo is my buddies. Planned to race after my swap but he sold it.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Teching In

If anybody wants info about a BBC swap i can help talk you out of it. hahaha JK It is quite a project to take on. with a 50/50 chance of not liking it when its done.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Not too many Birds around here. I just sold mine last week. The majority are camaro's, CTSV's or Corvette's.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Teching In

Yeah see alot of corvettes. and newer camaros.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most on this part of the forum are in the Portland or Seattle area. Probably a few of us lurkers like myself that are a bit closer to you. Curious to see what the car does with the BBC in it. If memory serves it involves cutting the strut towers to get a good size header in there.

Here is a write up of my build -

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...long-read.html

Have upgraded the fuel system finally and played with the eboost 2 a bit, need to play with it on the rollers a bit at my buddy's shop. He is supposed to have a new dyno going in but I may cave and just play on the old one. Have had it up to 15#'s of boost and curious what that equates to at the wheels.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

Well I use to have my 7 or so Firebirds in Grangeville but I live in Idaho Falls now. I went to high school in G'ville. My family is still up there. I like that logo and the BBC in a 4th gen.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Didnt have to cut any of my strut towers down or hammer them. Im running Hooker 2455s and they just needed a bit of modification to work. for the price of them im not to worried about a few dings in them lol. Did have to cut #1 primary and reroute to fit my steering. Only real thing that had to be cut was the cowl.

Im in Nezperce, just 20 some miles from grangeville. I got family there also. And thanks a lot of blood and sweat went into this build. Like literally, the engine at one point had more blood than oil on it haha
Old 10-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Teching In

kinda in. lol

Did get the engine in friday, now all thats left is wiring and fuel. Darn tedious stuff
Old 10-16-2015, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Quite a project! Keep the pics coming!
Old 10-17-2015, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Header clearance wasnt a main concern, Had to hammer a bit on the firewall to get it to fit. Steering shaft was a pain. Went with a cheap way around it. A little bit of hammering and cutting. Now just save up for some lemons and id be set!

Thought the spark plugs were gonna give me troubles, but with a little bit of pretzleing of the hands they went in and could even get a socket on them.

Hooker Header clearance.

Cheap way to get steering shaft to fit. Cheezy and ugly, but hey if it works its not wrong hahaha

Me and my boys hard at work.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Teching In

It runs!

The rumble of a the big block sure made my night!

Until i took it for a test drive....Broke a U joint strap.

Ill get some video later today
Old 10-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Default It runs!

Old 10-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Dont mind the clutterness of the engine bay, its basically set up to run at the moment. Still not 100% completed. Have to finish installing radiator, finish wiring and gauges, and then clean up the engine bay.