Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Any of the old group still around?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any of the old group still around?

Hey guys, Its me Jon. I had the Black 2000 C5 coupe with the wet nitrous kit. I sold the car back in 2007 after my divorce. Well, yesterday my new, younger, hotter wife and mother of my 2 beautiful children let me pick up a Silver 2003 Z06.

So I'm back in the game finally!! The Air Force moved me from Washington to England and now we are stationed here in Maryland. Quite a ways from you all, but I just wanted to drop a line and say hi and maybe reconnect with some old friends.

Anyone know where Ellis, Chris, Robert56, and the bunch went? I haven't seen any posts from them. They were huge in helping my car hit 10's.

Anyways, hope ya'll are still around and are doing well.

v/r,
-Jon-
Old 09-30-2016, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Hey Jon! Long time... Glad to see you back around and doing well. We had some fun times. Most of us are on facebook now. Here's a link to get you started.

https://www.facebook.com/NWNMotorsports/

Here's an old video of us, recorded by GTOMo. He's on fb and Ellis is there. Lost track of Robert but see his car popup for sale now and then.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
Hey Jon! Long time... Glad to see you back around and doing well. We had some fun times. Most of us are on facebook now. Here's a link to get you started.

https://www.facebook.com/NWNMotorsports/

Here's an old video of us, recorded by GTOMo. He's on fb and Ellis is there. Lost track of Robert but see his car popup for sale now and then.

cstew vs jon racing 6 speed vettes - YouTube
Dude, so glad I got back in contact with you. Too bad I am so far away now though.. darn military. LOL! Thanks for the video.. I only have one video of my old C5 racing. My Z06 is bone stock right now.. I have a Hurst short throw shifter in the mail, but my wife said I have to wait till next year to start modding this one. She going to school and we just bought a house so she wants to pay off some debt and get in a better financial spot before I start dropping money on this one.

I'm loving the Z.. it is so much faster than my C5 Coupe was before I modded her. I'm thinking about taking the Z to the strip to get some runs in it. I'm thinking it should do mid 12's at 112-114mph. What do you think?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see some pics of the car! I just recently picked up a 99 FRC and did a LS3 crate swap with a Cam Motion grind, full bolt ons and a RPM Diff and T56. Fun toy!

Todd
Old 10-12-2016, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
Let's see some pics of the car! I just recently picked up a 99 FRC and did a LS3 crate swap with a Cam Motion grind, full bolt ons and a RPM Diff and T56. Fun toy!

Todd
That sounds awesome! I bet that LS3 pulls like a ****. Man, this site is dead compared to how it used to be.. and Facebook doesn't have the ease of use or as much information. Kind of bummed out about it!! I've been away for like 9 years now!!

Corvette forum seems to have a bit more activity that this site, but it used to be the other way around. LS1tech was full of knowledge and information.

Here are the only pics I have of my Z right now. I'm planning on lowing it as far as I can on stock bolts, adding a hurst short shifter I just got, and a vararam intake I picked up used from east coast superchargers this weekend. The VR intake shipped today, so I'm hoping to have it by this weekend.

Those will be the only mods on my car until I get some headers after christmas.

Wish I could see your FRC in person. Thanks for hitting me up and keep in touch man!

-Jon-
Attached Thumbnails Any of the old group still around?-img_1020.jpg   Any of the old group still around?-img_1022.jpg  
Old 10-13-2016, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00Vette
That sounds awesome! I bet that LS3 pulls like a ****. Man, this site is dead compared to how it used to be.. and Facebook doesn't have the ease of use or as much information. Kind of bummed out about it!! I've been away for like 9 years now!!

Corvette forum seems to have a bit more activity that this site, but it used to be the other way around. LS1tech was full of knowledge and information.

Here are the only pics I have of my Z right now. I'm planning on lowing it as far as I can on stock bolts, adding a hurst short shifter I just got, and a vararam intake I picked up used from east coast superchargers this weekend. The VR intake shipped today, so I'm hoping to have it by this weekend.

Those will be the only mods on my car until I get some headers after christmas.

Wish I could see your FRC in person. Thanks for hitting me up and keep in touch man!

-Jon-
Great looking Z Jon! Let the modding begin!

Yeah, it pulls pretty good. Adding some FI this next year. Shouls be a beast once it's complete.

Cheers!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:12 AM
T is for Towing not Turbo

I remember the black car.

Quick Reply: Any of the old group still around?