Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ticket....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ticket....

This is one of the best tickets I have ever gotten. Leaving Anacortes today I decided to take the back roads over to La Conner and then to I-5. The road that leads straight out of La Conner heading east with the long straights and the S turns was too much. The last I looked I was over 130mph heading to the first turn. I took that one at 75mph and headed to the second one. Feeling a little better about the second since the first one was easy I hit it at 85-90mph and nailed it coming out. I slowed it down coming up to the stop sign and turned right to go to I-5. Still feeling froggy I nailed it again and was coming up on the car in front when I notice the boys waiting by the road. (Bill, you will know the location well, right were the road goes up a hill and turns left slightly). Three of them. One with the gun and two directing people over. The guy came up and ask me the standard "Do you know how fast you were going". I said yeah. He said good because he could not get a good read on me because of the car in front of me but watched me coming out of that second curve running up to the stop sign. He did say once the other car cleared they did get a 59mph on me (its a 35mph zone). I told him my sad sob story about the dyno, bad gas and trying to run it out saying I take full responsibility for my own actions. They started asking me about the car. One of their father's just bought one so on and so forth. Then gave me a 45 in a 35 saying it was cool watching and that he does the same on his Harley. All I've got to say after that is screw the drag strip I am DEFINITELY going on the road course as soon as I can. That was a blast and worth every penny of the $101 ticket or price of admission. For you young guys I am not worried about my insurance either since I have not had a ticket in over 8 years. If I was 25 again it would be painful. Age does have some advantages.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky sob. Good job BSing the po-pos though. Lucky..
Old 02-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

130 Glad you did not get the "Mark Ticket" lol.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

lol that's awesome... I got pulled over on I-5 a couple nights ago and got a warning... he said I was doing 74 but that's because I saw him and slowed down from 95 and my passport went off about 75... Bad part is if the cop had been alone you might've got a warning but since there were three of them there you're less likely to.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Chilberg road is the name. I live about 1/2 mile from this road, and I cannot tell you how many times I've passed people in the middle of those corners. You can see a long way out so it's safe. It does kind of freak the local population out a little though Those ARE sweet corners with nice straights in between ..... just don't overcook them because I'm sure you saw how far above those farmers fields that the road is ? After Chilberg rd. you took a right onto Best rd. That one can also be fun at certain times of the night. You know that narrow bridge about 5 miles into Best rd. that's on a steep downhill with a sharp RH corner at the bottom ? That ones a rush to practice late braking on The bridge is making the car buck up and down while your in maximum brake mode so the car is dancing and skipping around a little bit, all the while on a very narrow bridge ..... you DON'T want to miss the corner at the bottom
Old 02-01-2005, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
you DON'T want to miss the corner at the bottom

Did you miss it before or know somethin that has or somethin?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Around here that corner is pretty famous for killing people unfortunately. By the time you realize how sharp the corner is ( It's also off camber ) it's too late for panic braking. A narrow, steep downhill 1940's bridge with bucking pavement is NOT the best place to try to panic stop.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

Is that the turn with a road teeing off in middle of it? I remember that corner....

Nice ride Eric. And as Todd pointed out, at least you didn't get "Marked"!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL almost sounds like the same thing that happened to me first week I got my Z First ticket in 13 years I got to do some online diversion crap though pretty easy..
Old 02-01-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Is that the turn with a road teeing off in middle of it? I remember that corner....
That's the one One time I was in my Camaro going the other direction i.e. taking a left turn up the hill onto the bridge etc. Another guy pulled out in front of me from the other road ( just a boat launch down that road )just as I rounded the corner. I pulled out to pass him and the idiot punched it. Here we were side by side on that narrow *** bridge that crowns so bad that you can't see the cars at the other end and this fool decides to try to keep me behind him ...... didn't work out for him I went by him half sideways with not more than 6 inches between us. He got white as a sheet and backed out of it so fast I wondered if somebody had tied a bungy cord from his rear bumper to the boat launch

I sometimes wonder how I ever made it to the age I am
Old 02-01-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Now I know why we get along Bill.....we understand each other.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

you guys should come out to Sovern 4th of July weekend & do the car corral. We get two laps around PRs road course (suppost to be 35mph laps yea right) Last year we did laps going 85+ around the corners as a car club its great to see the guys out there.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I knew you would know where I was talking about. It was ironic sitting there looking in the rearview mirror and seeing the whole thing down below. I can just imagine what they were saying to themselves if I came their way. Lots of fun roads you have up there, Bill.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ram-it
I knew you would know where I was talking about. It was ironic sitting there looking in the rearview mirror and seeing the whole thing down below. I can just imagine what they were saying to themselves if I came their way. Lots of fun roads you have up there, Bill.
Eric you could always get it deferred since you have a clean license and they wrote it for 45 in a 35. Just means you'd have to take a day to go to court and ask for a deferred sentance. NO tickets for a year and you'll get it dropped.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

I sometimes wonder how I ever made it to the age I am
Me and a couple of my buddies say that all the time Bill. Damned lucky we didn't hurt anybody else either. I couldn't imagine having a car like these when I was 18-25.

I got nailed on X-Mas Eve in 03. I was doing 130+ on the I-5 express lanes on the way to work at 5am. Laser goes crazy and I grenade the brakes. He got me at 87 but said he couldn't get a lock on me when I was hauling. PoPo on a bike hiding behind a bridge embuckment pole. Sneaky sumbish. WTF. Sneaking around on X-Mas eve. Pissed me off. But I pulled right over as soon as I went by him rushing to get on his ride.

Car was still new to me for the most part, I only had it for 2 months at the time and told him I was just cruising and didn't notice my speed cuz the car handles so well at speed and didn't feel like I was going that fast. He semi-bought that.

But Eric, you are right. My insurance didn't change one bit. There are advantages to being older!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

I feel ya rick lol been tagged twice coming out from under the ship canal bridge going to work when I worked down south. once was 92 in a 60 the other was 82 in a 60 and that was in my old 94 tbird...

I got off work one night in the t/a and was heading home on the express lanes and got pulled over by a seattle PD astro van, hit 100+ a couple times and was held up by traffic when he pulled me over... he said he was doin 110 the whole time tryin to catch up to me. Drove away with a warning
Old 02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

I just diferred my first speeding ticket in the Trans Am. After a year and a half I got nailed with a 85 in a 60 on 405 just north of the 520 interchange. Happened in November and I went to court in January. I paid the $100 court cost and got the ticket diferred. After 13 years with no tickets that would not look good on the insurance, even at 34.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Only Eric could make getting a ticket sound like a kill story

I am with Eric I take full responsiblity for my actions if I was really speeding then give me a ticket, I've had two tickets in the past few years both in Bellevue by the way in a spot where you have to crest a hill, followed by a downhill that unless your riding the brakes your going to exceed the 25 mph speed limit. The last one I was towing my motorcycles and got a ticket from a motorcycle cop, that is just not right.

Anyways sounds like your enjoying that Z06.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

One time when I was in my early 20's me and 2 other buddy's on bikes ( all built KZ1000's ) and ironically enough, on Best rd north of were Eric got his ticket. We were flying about 130 mph or so and blew by a cop on the side of the road giving somebody else a ticket. He turned around when I was about 100 ft from him and just stared at us. I kind of let off the throttle for a second as I went by just kind of frozen in time .... Our eyes met and then I was back on the throttle again. Anyway the guy on the last bike in line said later that by the time he passed the cop he had turned back around and continued giving the poor hapless guy his ticket

I always wondered what the guy who was pulled over must have thought. Probably getting a ticket for 60 in a 50 or something and we go riding off into the sunset at 130 mph !
Old 02-01-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would fight the ticket regardless. It may not effect you now, but what happens when you get that second one and you already have one on your record.

Chances are you can get it suspended or defered. In the period of 1 year if you dont get any tickets, it goes away. However if you get another one....BLAM, 2 for the price of one all at once.

I would still fight it eric. I have an attorney that has cleared 4 of them for my family alone and legions of the NW Fbody and camaro clubs.

Quick Reply: Ticket....