Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Tune is GOOD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune is GOOD!

Hey Ellis,

I uploaded that tune we were playing with. I tweaked the TTC lockup in 3rd gear to a couple mph above where the 3-4 shift points were down low, and adj the idle screw up another 1/2 turn & the car is now pretty close to perfect. It's good enough that I posted it on the HP bin repository website.

THANKS for ALL of your help!!!

Now we pray for sunshine....
Old 03-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Thats awesome! I can't wait to hear those new times!
Old 03-27-2005, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

That's good news Mark. So how does it feel, give us a seat in the pants description.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great deal Mark!

See I do my best tuning at Hooters so I guess we will have to tune all the cars there!!

Hope You are enjoying her! Er...the car that is not Franchesca
Old 03-27-2005, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Mark I was just surfing some of the sponsors sites and I see Wolcraft has wheelie bars for F-bodies they even have you covered for the 9".
Old 03-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
Mark I was just surfing some of the sponsors sites and I see Wolcraft has wheelie bars for F-bodies they even have you covered for the 9".
They ever sell parachutes!
Old 03-27-2005, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Wheelie bars & chutes.....yeah, I WISH! It is noticeably faster. Made more a difference that anything I've done seat of the pants wise. At least when it hooks. It FLIES off the line now from a dead stop. It almost feels like someone ran into the back of the car. With slicks it should be even better.

And when this converter locks up in 3rd gear, I can tell the stock one never fully locked up. It feels like it has 30+ more hp. Now I know why Jason would always pull past me at the end of the track. His clutch wasn't slipping.....

If it's sunny this Friday, come out to Monroe & find out how it feels. They allow riders according to the posts in the other thread.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Wheelie bars & chutes.....yeah, I WISH! It is noticeably faster. Made more a difference that anything I've done seat of the pants wise. At least when it hooks. It FLIES off the line now from a dead stop. It almost feels like someone ran into the back of the car. With slicks it should be even better.

And when this converter locks up in 3rd gear, I can tell the stock one never fully locked up. It feels like it has 30+ more hp. Now I know why Jason would always pull past me at the end of the track. His clutch wasn't slipping.....

If it's sunny this Friday, come out to Monroe & find out how it feels. They allow riders according to the posts in the other thread.

Glad you got it right mark! Yhea passenger, i want i ride mark.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

yeah give me a ride Mark ! How's the weather supposed to be tomorrow ? Maybe I'll fly down there in the afternoon lol ! Glad your getting it dialed in.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Veteran

That's cool you got that tune dialed in... I was telling you before, I think you're gonna get into the 11s easy with the 'verter... should make all the difference.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

Well to be honest when we got done there was more then just a converter adding to his new found power

Can't wait to see it run Mark!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Oh yes, never under-estimate the power of the infamous "Speed Secrets transmission mod". It has NEVER shifted like this before, no matter what I tweaked in the PCM tables. It reminds me of my old B&M Hydro in my 57 Sedan Delivery that was setup by one of the premier racers in Omaha. That thing would plant your ***....just like my car does now.

Time will tell.....things usually feel faster on the street than it is at the track, but when your car is running 12.40s, I think it's fair to say if you can feel this much difference, it's gonna show. I will be surprised if it's not at least a 12.0 car now. IF it hooks!

So, the 3-way challenge Jason & Bill & I had going l should be very interesting this year. I was falling behind last both of them year, but I think I just caught up. I hope so anwyay. With Jason's cluthc mods & Bills valve springs & suspension tweaks, this could be VERY interesting.....for sure a LOT of fun. Now we need that damn blue Camaro to join the battle!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

I am working on it!

As far as your power I got a feeling the Extra timing you added ,now that it no longer see's knock, might have helped a little
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Mark, And anyone else who is interested.

I drove Howierds car tonite. Very strange findings! It exibits the EXACT same Issues Marks car did with the lock un-lock problem we had!

SO we now know it is nothing we did. Just some thing that the factory did for some strange reason. It will be gone by the time Howierd drives his car saturday
Old 04-01-2005, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I got your message. That is WEIRD! but then, it should be....it's HoWEIRD's car. LOL

Like you said, at least you know how to make it go away. Which converter are you putting into his car? (thinking maybe my tune might work perfectly & so I could swing by sometime & you could just cut & paste tables instead of recreating all of them....you should save all of these on your PC)
Old 04-01-2005, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

I am putting Ryan old Yank in his car. The car is real Mellow right now. I will have to fix that

Yes I am keeping a Library. Would like to plug back into yours once it is perfect
Old 04-01-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Could part of the problem be that Hypertech tune coupled with the lid, MAF, etc.?

Besides the regular Hypertech tuning, it is turning the fans on @ 160*, rev limiting @ 6000rpm, setting tire height at 25", telling the pcm the rear is set @ 3.42, and also there is no "oxygenated" gas in the tank.

I set the rev limiter at 6000 because I had heard that any higher than that and I might be looking at warping something. Everything else should be self-explanitory.

And please feel free to take that tune out entirely and tweek the stock tune to make it work right. Like I told you the other night, I think the tune with the combination of mods under the hood is making it backfire at high revs.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Hi guys,

Just joined the forum and was browsing the NW region (I live up in Redmond) and happened upon your thread. I think I might have the same problem as Mark with my C5 after swaping the gears and putting a new TC in (locks and unlock repeatedly under load)

I'm thinking these TCC settings are the culprits (too close to each other??)

Was this the same type of change you did Mark?
Old 04-09-2005, 06:10 AM
10 Second Club

That's the culprit alright. And it's why Ellis had the same problem with a bone stock car. They are set that way from the factory. If I wasn't packing everything up to go racing, I'd copy & paste my new table numbers for you. PM me to remind me & I will when I get home.

Mark
Old 04-09-2005, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Actually I found out it had a HPP in it. Once I returned it to Stock all was well. I have been to busy to compare files. I also know HPP does not actually return to stock as in the calibration you had. It returns a hard coded file not the one that came out of your car

Let us know what you find

Quick Reply: Tune is GOOD!