Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

No Goat For Me

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No Goat For Me

Well... no Goat for me... no dealerships that I went to would give me a good enough trade-in or good enough price for either an 04 or 05 to get me down to where I need to be.

Of course to get to where I need to be (and not even there totally, just a good chunk closer) I had to get rid of the two things I really didn't want to... the truck and the bike. The good thing is that my credit will start to get better since I traded in almost 63K worth of vehicle for only 29K, so that's goona help.

Anyhow, just thought I'd drop in and let yall know... guess you can count me out on the next Bremerton run now. lol Yall take it easy and I'll drop in every once in a while.

Bryan

Last edited by Bubba_Goat; 04-17-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang that sucks! No chance of finding what you wanted?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

That sucks! Maybe the great deals they were making are over. You should have asked me. My sales person said he'd give any of my friends a screamin deal if they went to see him on a referral from me. I know they have 2 05s there now (1 silver & 1 blue).
Old 04-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Launching!

I found plenty of what I wanted... but not at the prices I need. I went to Smokey Point Pontiac and they only wanted to give me 28K for my truck... 29 if I let them keep the tires and wheels... my payoff was 39,8. So that's 11K on top of the final price of the car itself. I havdn't found any dealers who will go less then MSRP on an 05 and that's 33+ which puts me up to almost 45K... which is where I'm at with the truck right now. Even on an 04 which they'll go on invoice at 30, less 5 for final value + TTL and I'm sitting at 29K almost. Add in the negative... and I'm back in the 40s.

The whole reason for all this is they screwed up my pay... when they fix it, I'll be getting paid 800 less a month then what I am right now, and I'm just getting by as it is. That's why I had to throw the bike in on the deal too. The dealership I went to (KarMart) owns several of the lots up there as well as Steel Dreams which is where I bought my bike. The payoff was 19,5 and the manager at Steel Dreams said they'd give 17 for it. But this is the third vehicle I've bought from KarMart Dodge and they know what's going on so they said they'll just clean slate it and pay it off. I could have gone with less car then what I did and have even lower payments... but I wanted something I would still wanna roll around in. That's why this one is the Special Edition with two-tone leather and sun roof sound system... I'm gonna be in this one for awhile so since I was gonna have to settle... I wanted to settle for something nice.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

I see....a wee bit more complicated than just what the GTO would cost you. Understood. Still sucks tho!
Old 04-17-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's very hard to trade in cars and get a good deal. We got low-balled time after time on the Firehawk. Sorry to hear you had to settle but it'll be better for you when you finally do get to go for another vehicle because you should be able to break the "upside down" cycle.

You should still take it to the track for the bracket races. The more stock a car is the more consistent it typically is. You might go rounds in the car with ease.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry to hear that. I have been in similar situations.

Last edited by Todd2001SS; 04-17-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Launching!

Yea, I've had a run of negative equity... I bought a Dakota in 99, dropped about 6K into it and rolled it over into my 98 early '01. That rolled into my 03 I got... which rolled into my 04 and then now into this. lol This **** sucks!

But yea, it was a hair more then just the Goat... it was the cost of everything else along with my fucked up pay. Who knows... once **** settles down and I actually have POSITIVE equity for once... I'll roll into something else. Guess I'll just have to wait and see...
Old 04-17-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I called one of the local pontiac dealers here asking about the Solstice & he was trying to sell me a Red 04 GTO for 26k, Its the only one on the list.
http://www.rotters.com/internet_specials.htm
Old 04-17-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

It bites when you get that upside down in vehicles. Been through it twice: first car got nailed as a Lemon so was able to recoup that: second had GAP insurance and *yea!* someone creamed the entire drivers side in a parking lot which totalled it. That put us into the December wars for a daily driver with little cash down and decent payments.

While there are many cautions on leasing, have you looked at that option? Military is backing more leases with lower in and out - not sure if you can find a GTO on a lease program but it might be worth a shot without being in the wrong position overall.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

Well there is some thing to be said for keeping a car LONG enough to get your money out of it
Old 04-17-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jimbob
Well there is some thing to be said for keeping a car LONG enough to get your money out of it
I just checked (for the heck of it) and although I have only had my car 2.5 yrs, I barely owe 14k on it (2002 WS6 - Stickered @ 32k). I was really surprised. I got it for 27 and put down $5k but didn't think I would be this far done with the payments at only 1/2 way thru the loan........too bad I like the car or I could actually sell it for more then I owe on it (which would be a new thing for me). :shrug:

Anyway, congrats on the new car and I hope things get straightened out for ya soon.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
I called one of the local pontiac dealers here asking about the Solstice & he was trying to sell me a Red 04 GTO for 26k, Its the only one on the list.
http://www.rotters.com/internet_specials.htm
Yea, the 04's invoice at 30 and change and they have 5 off of that so it's around 25... but when you add TTL on, it's back up to the 28 the Smokey Point guys gave me. And if that's all it was... then I could do that. But he also wanted to give me 11K less then my payoff which was the killer.

Originally Posted by GEARHED
It bites when you get that upside down in vehicles. Been through it twice: first car got nailed as a Lemon so was able to recoup that: second had GAP insurance and *yea!* someone creamed the entire drivers side in a parking lot which totalled it. That put us into the December wars for a daily driver with little cash down and decent payments.
I wish I could get that lucky... not having to go in a deal oweing more then it's worth would be nice and I'd be able to get a better deal then I have now... however my deal now has the negative from the truck in it.

Originally Posted by GEARHED
While there are many cautions on leasing, have you looked at that option? Military is backing more leases with lower in and out - not sure if you can find a GTO on a lease program but it might be worth a shot without being in the wrong position overall.
As much as I've gone through vehicles... I probably should stick to just leasing. However once I have the ride, I want to customize it and do it how I want which really can't be done with leased vehicles. That and of course after every time I get a new ride... I tell myself I'm keeping it. This time I'm gonna get a shock collar and zap myself every time the thought of trading it comes to mind. lol

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Anyway, congrats on the new car and I hope things get straightened out for ya soon.
Thanks... I'll be needing it for awhile.