Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Yes on I-908

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 01:12 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Yes on I-908

Some local VW guys took the initiative to get this one on the ballots... I think we should spread the word and get all the car enthusiasts in on this one...

Ballot Title
Initiative Measure No. 908 concerns vehicle license plates. This measure would require a car or other vehicle to have only one license plate, mounted on the rear of the vehicle. Existing statutes would be amended to reflect this change.

Should this measure be enacted into law? Yes[ ] No[ ]

Ballot Measure Summary
This measure would require a car or other vehicle used on the public highways to have only one license plate, mounted on the rear of the vehicle. Existing statutes would be amended to reflect the changed requirement.
Their original thread:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1807521

Pertinent link..
http://www.secstate.wa.gov/elections...es/people.aspx
Old 04-24-2005, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woohooo! Lets Do This!
Old 04-24-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A very good one to vote for...
Old 04-24-2005, 01:36 PM
12 Second Club

They need 270,000 signatures! I need to put that PDF on a disk and take it to kinkos and get some 11x17 forms made
Old 04-24-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Resident

In light of my recent "experience" I will gladly sign and vote for this one!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

I will print that out & take it with to car shows, drag races, cruise ins....GREAT idea!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

I never use my front plate (it has been 3 years now) and I was never pulled over either - and I drive the car every day... I'll vote for that one too! Who needs front plates....
Old 04-24-2005, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Hell ya i got pulled over like the second day i bought my car because i took off the license plate. some cars dont look so bad with them but damn i think f bodys are the worst, that big ugly plastic chunk thing i have to use to hold it on just completely ruins the front end. Its like whats the point of waxing my car if the front of it will always be ugly. Im going to tell everybody i know to sign up for this, so you can add 3 votes to it. lol just jokin im going to post this everywhere.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will vote for it. FYI, our wonderful non-governor is repealing the car tabs for $35 or whatever it is. Says she needs us all to pay $500 and up a year for the priviledge to drive on our shitty roads. That is in addition to the new 10cent gas tax increase to be phased in over the next two to three years.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Man, she is going to guarantee that the Dems to not get re-elected next time... fine with me, but she is just commiting political suicide IMHO.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:37 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by ram-it
I will vote for it. FYI, our wonderful non-governor is repealing the car tabs for $35 or whatever it is. Says she needs us all to pay $500 and up a year for the priviledge to drive on our shitty roads. That is in addition to the new 10cent gas tax increase to be phased in over the next two to three years.
Yeah, she has been going gonzo with the taxes, hasn't she.

I think she's gonna have a revolt on her hands before she even knows it.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Currious where you heard that/got that information?
Old 04-25-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Yeah, she has been going gonzo with the taxes, hasn't she.
Wouldn't you tax the hell out the population if you saw what she sees every morning in the mirror?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Damn... I guess I'm gonna have to toss more support toward Eyman and his initiative fight. I'm sooooo glad I voted for Rossi. At least I can sleep at night...

I'm so sick of how these guys run this state... that's why we needed a businessman in there as the governor, at least someone with some business sense can balance a budget and learn to work with what they got instead of creating a bottomless hole of tax dollars.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

I don't think the gov has authority to repeal a law that was voted in by the people. As much as she might want to, I don't think she can. She could have one of her cronies start a bill & get the legislature to pass it that increases the car lic tax. But she does not have the authority to unilaterally over-ride the will of the people. Nobody does.

As for this additional 10 cents / gal gas tax, I've been thinking we need an acounting of all the taxes we pay for gas in this state that is supposed to be getting spent on roads, & find out where the Hell it's going. We give them what, 50 cents a gal now, and yet everytime some project comes up, they need to increase the taxes again. Surely the money they got last time was raised & spent on project X, and that project is complete. But they are still collecting the money. I have yet to see a gas tax expire. So WTF are they doing with it now?

And it aint just the democrats doing this to us my friends. Those republicans you guys keep praising screw us too. They just go about it in a different way. (they control the oil & electricity in this country, remember?)

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 04-25-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well What "I" Beileve she is doing is pushing every thing she can in case the court does finaly decide she is not our govenor(She lost there times after final counts). She has been passing tax after tax after tax! one stupid law after another. The gas tax was dead saturday then she rallied a bunch of no votes to yes votes to get it going again! Did you see those god damn freaks we elected cheering about it!

Yes Mark The republicans do thing wrong also. then again HOW would we know in this state? I don't even thing your son was born the last time we had a Republican Govenor in this state! Hell the rest of the state votes for one and they cheat and shove this bitch down our throught because King County wants her!

We pay so many taxes that YES someone needs to find out where they are going! they are always pulling the strings that get the women(no offence truth) to vote for some thing with out disclosing the entire effect.

Last year they wanted us to vote for a Tax here in Our county. What was it number one? Up your property taxes to pay for more fire fighter and equipment. Sounded great til you did the math. if you did not own a house no big deal right? Sure those are the people they were trying to get to vote for it. Hell wasn't going to cost THEM an extra 300+ on there property taxes every year!

Over all I am VERY un-happy with the way our state is ran. If you are from another state or country I guess it is fine but I have lived here all my life and it has just gone to hell.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

I wasn't defending her. This sums up how I feel about ALL politicians:

Some people are like Slinkies....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:03 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Wouldn't you tax the hell out the population if you saw what she sees every morning in the mirror?
No... I would just end myself.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER

Some people are like Slinkies....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I never heard that before...

My mom is a supervisor for a state agency, and its pretty bad when your own state employees hate you so much (in this case, Gary Locke) that a vast majority of them don't vote for your "hand picked successor" (Gregoire)... yet, she still gets into office. Gee, funny how that works.

The sad truth of the matter is, for a while, this state had all the money it wanted, and the geniuses in Olympia squandered it... now they're in a deep hole that they put themselves in with their own mismanagement of funds, and expect tax payers to bail them out. And of course, because most of the people in this state are blinded by the foam in their soy lattes, they just ignorantly follow along and think it's a good idea.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I don't think the gov has authority to repeal a law that was voted in by the people. As much as she might want to, I don't think she can. She could have one of her cronies start a bill & get the legislature to pass it that increases the car lic tax. But she does not have the authority to unilaterally over-ride the will of the people. Nobody does.
This is what I was thinking and why I asked.

Quick Reply: Yes on I-908