Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

No offence, but I really HATE cops (vent)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 02:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No offence, but I really HATE cops (vent)

OK, so I'm leaving work today after a 10 hour shift and I am turning onto Leary way in Redmond. The light is usually quick to change so I make the turn at about 35mph. I don't squeal the tires or juice the gas, just using my equipment like it was meant to be used. My Valentine picks up the cop behind me right away. No problem, I am not speeding and there is a red light ahead of me so I am slowing down anyway. I get on the on ramp to 520 and the cop is right on my butt. There are 2 POS's in front of me that are doing 30 mph up the onramp; the one directly in front of me is on the bumper of the guy in front of him. The HOV lane is empty and it's 9pm so I cut over into the HOV lane (to pass on the left) and enter traffic after making sure no one was coming. I gun it a bit but did NOT squeal the tires nor speed and the dumb *** cop pulls me over at the end of the onramp. Why? It's his job "to inform" me that I was following too close and while I was not speeding I could have caused an accedent by passing in the manner that I did.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just wanted to pull over a black Trans Am that had SNAKKLR license plates (the pigs were commenting about them when they let me go). The frickin' pig even told me that I did nothing illegal. Appearently he did not think there was anything wrong with the guy in front of me who was following even closer than I was. Again, at no time did I speed or squeal the tires. I passed properly on the left in a lane that was approved for me to be in it after 7pm.

He said I attracted his attention when I got onto Leary way. Big deal. I did nothing wrong. I know how to drive my car. I know its limitations and my own. If I wanted to I could have been long gone and that damned cop never would have caught me on the freeway (yeah, I know, "you can't outrun motorola"). But the point is that I am in total control of my vehicle and I am aware of everything around me. The top was down so there were no blind spots. That dumb pig was just out to harrass me and I know it.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:56 AM
TECH Regular

yeah.. i was pulled over the other day for "accelerating too fast"

although he said i wasn't speeding.. nor losing traction

so i guess i can't drive like i have a sports car.

i've been here a month and have been pulled over twice so far....
Old 05-01-2005, 03:04 AM
12 Second Club

grow up, you sleep good at night not botherd by robbers much?
Old 05-01-2005, 03:06 AM
TECH Addict

go back to rhode island. you don't have a frickin' clue what you are talking about. I could defend myself and my property better than any cop could, or would for that matter.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ace68

Yeah Howard has a point , around here it is no longer "to serve and protect" as much as "More revenue furfill's our state tax Quota"

Sounds like over all he was kool. Did not ticket you and probably just wanted to check the car out.

OH yeah now if they could do some thing about that serial robber and the Random Arsenist we might be in business...Well after they raise the taxes again so the Police work force won't be reduced because they have not been giving enough tickets

Over all I am not opposed to being pulled over when I break the laws...and they have passed some pretty F'd up laws lately....BUT being punished by the insurance company for the next three to five years just blows! I make one freaking mistake and it cost me an extra $3,000 or more over the next three years??

BTW MR Rhode Island...we are the highest taxed state in the union AND no people are not sleeping well at night because of robbers ,Rapest and Arsenists!
Old 05-01-2005, 05:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hehe have only one ticket and it was joke. He paced me from 2 cars behind and didn't pull my friend over pulled me we were goin at the same speed and it was 42 or something he told me that I was going with 48 in a 35 zone. I said ok and yesterday Case dismissed

Last couple of days Im really pushing my chance so badly, going with 120 even 130 without any radar. I better slow down, or they will give me a real hard time soon
Old 05-01-2005, 05:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Yeah Howard has a point , around here it is no longer "to serve and protect" as much as "More revenue furfill's our state tax Quota"

Sounds like over all he was kool. Did not ticket you and probably just wanted to check the car out.

OH yeah now if they could do some thing about that serial robber and the Random Arsenist we might be in business...Well after they raise the taxes again so the Police work force won't be reduced because they have not been giving enough tickets

Over all I am not opposed to being pulled over when I break the laws...and they have passed some pretty F'd up laws lately....BUT being punished by the insurance company for the next three to five years just blows! I make one freaking mistake and it cost me an extra $3,000 or more over the next three years??

BTW MR Rhode Island...we are the highest taxed state in the union AND no people are not sleeping well at night because of robbers ,Rapest and Arsenists!

what did u do bro? drove while u were drunk?
Old 05-01-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Ellis was testing out his new blower on 405, was it?
Old 05-01-2005, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah Howard, it's funny how the cop can be 2" away from your car, and then he pulls YOU over for following too close. If it wouldn't land you in jail for something, I'd have been tempted to say "I can out-drive you & your car, and you were the one that was following too close....." Or maybe next time just nail the brakes to get him off your ***. THat would make a very interesting trial.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good one Mark! I'd love to hear the cop try to talk his way out of that one!

And Ellis was testing his car on HWY 18... don't do that guys it isn't cheap!

Ellis has been pulled over a couple of times because the cop wanted to look at his car, both times in Kirkland. One was a young guy/cop that said he wanted a Z28, but he couldn't afford the insurance on one..so he just wanted to BS and look at the car Then the other one was an ******* that wanted to find something illegal on the car, and when he didn't he got us for failing to yeild to a pedestrian, which we beat in court. Cops can be jerks...add badge, instant *******...but just remember that not all of them are bad...cops are people just like us...
Old 05-01-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ace68
There are only three reasons I sleep well at night not worrying about "robbers". They are:

1. Glock
2. Smith & Wesson
3. Hydrashok hollow points

Notice none of the three are "police presence?"
Old 05-01-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
"I can out-drive you & your car, and you were the one that was following too close....."
Those are the EXACT words I was thinking the whole time I was talking to that guy. I even made sure he saw my blue card from PR as I pulled my license out.

Even if he wrote me a ticket I would have taken it to court and then he would have had to commit fellony purgery just to get a misdomenor traffic conviction.

Maybe I should have asked for his badge number and responded officially to his superiors.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Gee, I can feel the love from the welcome wagon pouring out already.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

btw ellis state law in washington is 3 years is all the insurance company can penalize ya for if they try doing it for more than that call the state insurance commissioner
Old 05-01-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree with howierd That him getting pulled over Was Harassment. and Mr rhode island needs to move to florida ,next to that child molester that killed that little girl and tell me how he sleeps at night ...... And no i don't hate cops. most of my freinds are cops The simple fact is most law enforcement officers get caught on 500 pages of paperwork that stops them from doing real police work, so what is left for the day is pick on Nice cars that look like they got money to pay a ticket.Even if they Know a crime is being commit they can't do **** until it happens.

Here in Yakima county we voted for property tax increase Just for law enforcement. What was put on the ballot was 25 % for equimpment upgrade,30 percent for new officers,25 for jail,30 for courts and other cost.

Well Yakima county decided that they needed to use the money for Parks and other Non Law enforcement needs..So What i voted yes on was to make a nice frickin park for drug dealers and gang bangers to use...and less officers to stop the robbers and rapists.Now cops are handing ticket out left and right just to buy the equipment they need...I guess my point is we all lose when the local goverment does wrong.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cops suck. end of discussion.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Howard I'm not disagreeing with you it sounds like a bit of harrassment, I could tell you the story about the no front license plate I got a ticket for last weekend and how I was pulled over which was messed up. But hey its the law and the fact they never inforce it doesn't mean it isn't there.

But the real problem is all the ******** racing in the rain in there Civics getting in wrecks and killing people. I bet 90% of the cops if asked if a couple of friends went to a very deserted road with no turn offs and I mean a COUPLE of friends and tore up some asfault they could care less. We used to have areas like that you think the cops didn't know about them?

The problem is the punk kids get done watching Fast and Furious do stupid **** and the public is in a rage and everyone with a flashy performance car is the enemy. I can honestly say cops leave me alone for the most part but my cars are pretty plain, I would put money on it that if I had been in the Vette instead of the riced out Z28 ( ) then I wouldn't have gotten pulled over for no front license plate.

A cop friend of mine in San Jose had a discussion with me about racial problems in San Jose and southern california. He made no excuses for it but said if you see the same "kind" of people do the same bad things over and over again, its human nature to see those "kind" of people are going to be most likely the guilty party even though they are the minority. I said its BS and its your job to be impartial and he agreed wholeheartedly but said whether it should or should not happen it does.

I think the same thing happens with cops and certain "types" of cars. When I had my lower rider Nissan in High school I got pulled over at least once a week and lost my license twice. I haven't had a ticket since then except for the speed trap in my vette the first week I got it.

Just my .02
Old 05-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You people live in the state with the highest cop per person ratio in the country, what do you expect? And yes your taxes do suck you have my empathy there. The fact of the matter here, besides all the childish name calling, is that you took the corner at a rate of speed that attracted the cops attention. Then you kept his attention by your controlled road rage Just listening to you describe it tells me all I need to know. You can put this all on yourself for the way you were driving. You begged him to pull you over. Do I think the cop was justified, NO not at all, but I've been driving for long enough and used to live in Seattle, to know that when you do that **** in front of a cop your going to get pulled over. Whether or not your broke the law, you were close. You gave him a reason to look at you and then kept on giving him resasons. The trick to driving fast is to not do it or anything agressive in front of a cop. How old are you? IF you look young thats another strike. Its the same game thats been played for decades. You were ******* with him so he fucked with you. He wanted to let you know who was boss. Pigs LMAO! Christ man that insult is pathetic. Whats next ghestapo! You going to call them the SS? I dont like cops either but calling them names is pathetic. You didnt even get a ticket!
If your going to play the speeding game in WA state you had better be prepared to pay through your *** when you get caught. Thats just a fact of life. IF you cant pay the price then dont pay the game. This cop could have done a lot worse to you. Can you say probable cause? Then your car is getting ripped apart and your there for an hour. He lectured you for driving like an idiot. Ya I know I'll catch **** for this post but WTF. The poster drives like an idiot, gets lectured for it, not even a ticket and its a cop bashing party with names from the 60's. I just believe in taking responsibilty for your own actions. If I snap my car around a corner in front of a cop I expect him to get on my *** and look for the slightest reason to pull me over. Thats common sense. Ok let me have it.

Oh and when I do get pulled over at 120 mph and they take me to jail, I'll have no one but myself to blame. Its the rsponsibilty I accept everytime I hammer the pedal to the floor. I'm breaking the law and could get caught.
and its spelled offense

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 05-01-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

No ticket no real foul, man. Some are asses but if he didn't give you the ticket he wasn't too bad!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Gee, I can feel the love from the welcome wagon pouring out already.
Don't sweat it.. we like Ken

Quick Reply: No offence, but I really HATE cops (vent)