Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Life as a ...............

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Life as a ...............

Military Wife.

Well yesterday we got home from a car club meeting & there is a message from my husbands Boss (Dan is an Airforce reservist & Civil service for the military) for him to call his boss today. Well Those in the military know what THE phone call is & Dan got it. Yeppers Dan is offically Activated as of today & reports in on weds. Its a year long activation, So he will most likely miss all summer events this year. He is going to take the first deployment out that way he gets it done & over with.

But heck the good thing is I can count on members of the club & the friends I have to keep me in check.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh man, that's terrible...I'm sorry to hear that Tammy...I hope it goes fast for you both and whatever he's doing, he makes it back here safe and sound!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Sorry to hear it girl. My brother in law is in the California Air Nat'l Guard and has been to the sand box 3 times already.........I know (more or less) how ya feel. I am sure we will all keep a good thought for him and he will be back before ya know it.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

That is to bad I will miss seeing Dan at the shows. I hope it goes by fast for the two of you.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

I am sorry that he is going. I know what it's like to be away from loved ones for years at a time. But know that he is thought of and in our prayers. (and you too, of course.)
Old 05-01-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
That is to bad I will miss seeing Dan at the shows. I hope it goes by fast for the two of you.
Todd Ya may not see Dan there but I am going to try to make as many shows & races I can this year with the kids. Driving his car.

Right now we are making sure everything is taken care of Family wise & Car club wise. He has told several of the board members that if they want him to stand a side they will, So far the comebacks have been NOPE not letting you out of this one. Vp will just stand up in while you are a way.

He is hoping to get on a 90-120 day trip That leaves soon. that way he is home by our anniv. The sooner away the sooner back. But by the sound of it ACS is a no go for him & same with Reno for us.

The Activation is for a year but they are saying it could only be 6months they dont know yet. We are hoping to find out more tonight (tomorrow) & even more by the end of the week.

He has gone on TDYs but never activation while we have been together. His last one was back during the First Gulf War while he was Active duty.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Main thing is I have alot of support here, Family, Friends & the Camaro club (oh what the heck the HUGE family lol)

My main worry is going to be going in to work tomorrow & talking to my boss. If He does get deployed I dont want to have to work monday evenings away from the kids. (got to beable to take care of them)
Old 05-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Todd Ya may not see Dan there but I am going to try to make as many shows & races I can this year with the kids. Driving his car.

Right now we are making sure everything is taken care of Family wise & Car club wise. He has told several of the board members that if they want him to stand a side they will, So far the comebacks have been NOPE not letting you out of this one. Vp will just stand up in while you are a way.

He is hoping to get on a 90-120 day trip That leaves soon. that way he is home by our anniv. The sooner away the sooner back. But by the sound of it ACS is a no go for him & same with Reno for us.

The Activation is for a year but they are saying it could only be 6months they dont know yet. We are hoping to find out more tonight (tomorrow) & even more by the end of the week.

He has gone on TDYs but never activation while we have been together. His last one was back during the First Gulf War while he was Active duty.
I am glad your going to be active at the shows, it is always nice seeing you Dan and your kids at the shows. Everyone will miss Dan. I will be there witht he kids.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

GearHead should have some good help for you. she just went through it her self
Old 05-02-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
GearHead should have some good help for you. she just went through it her self
For a full year, entire time spent in the sandbox. It forced me into this (ahem) expensive hobby again. If he can grab the 90 day deploy its way faster and just as boring as being here.

Find out who is your FRGL now - it will save you a great deal of playing "need to find out that NOW" panic moments. Go to car meets even if it means bringing the kids, it helps to keep busy while hubby is dashing in and out if he can't get a short deploy bucket.

Hang in there, the time passes quickly
Old 05-04-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have never planned on not taking my kids to events. They will go if they want to go.

For the most part My car club is my family since I dont have one of my own that I care about or that I want to be around. All But my husbands side of the family & I only really want to be around 3 of of them (his brother, His brothers wife & their 17yrs old son)

We should find out more today as a matter of fact hes on base right now checking in. but I will not know until I get home at 11pm.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

My wife had to go through 4 cruises after we got married. I did 24yrs in the Navy, she had 18 yrs of it. We're still married(35yrs). There is life after the military. Hang in there. Jay
Old 05-06-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like hes heading over to germany for 45 days leaving on like the 20th or somewhere about then.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

well sorry to hear if don't want to go. i'm on standby to go. i will hear word anytime