Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dry Ice for dents?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 02:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dry Ice for dents?

I remember reading something here about ? putting a piece of dry ice over a 4 folded towel, let it sit for 20 min then take it off - dent gone.

There are three very small dents from (Rott should love this) taking care of a friends Rott-Great Dane mix that seemed to forget where my car was parked and knocked **** from across the garage into it. I need to get them out by this weekend - they are all in places where its impossible to reach from underneath, surface but not near a seam.

Already scoped where to get some, just need to know if there is some super slick trick or steps I might have missed?
Old 05-04-2005, 07:45 AM
10 Second Club

Dry ice will usually get rid of about 1/2 of the dent all by itself. You can try cycling dry ice / hair dryer / dry ice / etc. That seems to help. It's the change in temp that makes the metal move. Don't set the hair dryer temp too hi or get it too close to the paint! And 15-20 minutes is the max time I leave the ice on there.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
There are three very small dents from (Rott should love this) taking care of a friends Rott-Great Dane mix that seemed to forget where my car was parked and knocked **** from across the garage into it. I need to get them out by this weekend - they are all in places where its impossible to reach from underneath, surface but not near a seam.
So, a tiny lil critter eh?
Old 05-04-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks Mark, I wonder if a heating pad would work just as well without the possibility of too hot?
I'll futz around with it tomorrow.
Figures, I just started to Zaino the car earlier and thought to throw a few coats on the top and hood of the truck. Looked up to see this bigass black cloud heading my way, at least it *was* sunny out and got that off before packing it into the garage. Now its misting outside and the humidity is hitting 70% - accelerator

So, a tiny lil critter eh?
Dude! Who said anything about tiny?!
That dog outweighed me by 10 lbs - and half my height not to mention he'd been spoiled and never trained. By the time our month was up he was taking commands, had lost 10 lbs and knew "the mommy voice".
Our friend wondered what happened to his dog LOL
Old 05-04-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Dude! Who said anything about tiny?!
That dog outweighed me by 10 lbs - and half my height not to mention he'd been spoiled and never trained. By the time our month was up he was taking commands, had lost 10 lbs and knew "the mommy voice".
Our friend wondered what happened to his dog LOL
It was sarcasm dear, sarcasm.
Great Dane + Rottweiler = HUGE dog

Nice job on getting the dog to come around though.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
It was sarcasm dear, sarcasm.
Great Dane + Rottweiler = HUGE dog

Nice job on getting the dog to come around though.
I know - I've looked at your doggie pictures
Awwwwwwwww, dey so cute! And you have 4 dogs. Thats almost as bad as 5 cats and a dog

As for Lakota (or any dog), you NEVER need to smack em'. Pinning them on their backs and holding their neck back and hollering at the top of your lungs kinda sets whos who of the pack.
Even if the dog is as big as you are.

Back to business - going to get the ice tomorrow. I'll try the heating pad first and if it isn't enough then there must be a hair dryer around here that works...I think...
Old 05-05-2005, 03:30 AM
TECH Veteran

I know - I've looked at your doggie pictures
Awwwwwwwww, dey so cute! And you have 4 dogs. Thats almost as bad as 5 cats and a dog

As for Lakota (or any dog), you NEVER need to smack em'. Pinning them on their backs and holding their neck back and hollering at the top of your lungs kinda sets whos who of the pack.
Even if the dog is as big as you are.

Back to business - going to get the ice tomorrow. I'll try the heating pad first and if it isn't enough then there must be a hair dryer around here that works...I think...
HAD 4 dogs.....the Malamute and the Beagle have passed and the uber-adorable cocker is with my ex in Boston.

It is just me and my rottie now................

Good luck getting the dents out. I had never heard of this method before now....sounds intriguing.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
HAD 4 dogs.....the Malamute and the Beagle have passed and the uber-adorable cocker is with my ex in Boston.

It is just me and my rottie now................

Good luck getting the dents out. I had never heard of this method before now....sounds intriguing.
Sorry to hear about your family, you have some great pictures of them. The rott cracks me up - does he always have is Patriots blankie with him? :lol

And thanx for the reminder - must take pictures of getting the dents out (only if it works of course) You will overhear stuff like that all the time with this group - stuff you never thought of but someone did!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Sorry to hear about your family, you have some great pictures of them. The rott cracks me up - does he always have is Patriots blankie with him? :lol

And thanx for the reminder - must take pictures of getting the dents out (only if it works of course) You will overhear stuff like that all the time with this group - stuff you never thought of but someone did!
:squint: Steelers blankie dammit

Thanks, the Malamute was a couple years ago but the Beagle was Tuesday.............I really can't take a lot more of this nonsense.

I do like this crowds way with "things" though....learning lots as I come here more.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Great dane and rott? damn lol... my nephews friend had a great dane timber wolf hybrid... that thing was a monster

Quick Reply: Dry Ice for dents?