Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Update on "track day" at PIR

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Update on "track day" at PIR

Just thought I'd start another thread with the info I got from Dick (my neighbor)

He recommended for a first timers thing to go the cascade sports car club school and track day the next day. This includes:

4 hour school the evening before and a full day of track time with instructors. PIR sounds like a good place for this as well because as Boyce stated there are lots of run offs so you only have to worry about a couple of places and you have to moving and being stupid to really worry about those as well. Dick actually told me this before I saw the post by Boyce. The club has been putting on these events since the 50's.

Included is the full ambulance, staff etc, he says its an extrememly well organized event. Also they group cars and try to keep cars in the HP range together, he is good friends with the president of the club and the instructors and we can get grouped together pretty easy. We would get quite a bit of track time as well.

They also have open track days for a little less, but the school is really only 30bucks and they go over the track and procedures with you.
Looks like our best bet would be august although I might try and make the one on the 3rd just to check it out so I know what to expect and report back to everyone!

There is also a continnetal club and some Porche days I'm going to look into. But Dick said this would be an excellent way to learn the track with instructors so if we wanted to setup a club track day it would be alot more enjoyable. Plus I don't think we'd get the turn out we need for a private track day unless we did it with the local Corvette club or something. Which I may look into although when I had my 70 LT1 roadster I met with em a few times and the guys I got stuck with were ******....

$150 seems like a good deal and them maybe we can do the october track day for 120.

http://www.cascadesportscarclub.org/....asp?page=home
Old 05-19-2005, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corvette Club people....******? Say it aint so Bobby!!! wink wink You & Eric are liable to give the Vette crowd a bad name hanging out with other car owners & going so far as to appreciate things like fast Vipers & Camaros. How could you?
Old 05-20-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So this is off topic, but if your name is Richard, you have a few choices as to what folks call you. Among them...

"Rich"

and

"Dick"

Now which would you choose?

So would I.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Corvette Club folks I met when I had a C5 were nice older folks and one young guy with dreams of SCCA T1 domination. (He sold the car).

Lots of RKSport body kits.

if you know what I mean.....
Old 05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

Originally Posted by Visceral
So this is off topic, but if your name is Richard, you have a few choices as to what folks call you. Among them...

"Rich"

and

"Dick"

Now which would you choose?

So would I.

My highschool algebra instructors name was Richard Large.
Guess which one he went by? Sure wasn't "Rich"....
Looked really good on those last name first forms I bet
Old 05-20-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL yeah I know I always feel wierd saying "hey whats up Dick" to a 65 year old dude I have two old neighbors named Dick. You could say I have a lot of Dicks in my neighborhood.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

I went to grade school with a kid named Richard Lickert....no joke! Now WHO would do THAT to their kid???????? Bet he grew up & bought a Vette tho.

Quick Reply: Update on "track day" at PIR