Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

C4C Car Show, July 9th.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile C4C Car Show, July 9th.

This is a car show that Ray Ortiz from Camaro Cruzers puts on every year. It is located in Tacoma at the Life Center Church off of Union Ave. (1717 So. Union Ave, just past the Elk's Club).
Please don't let the church location or the name turn you away if you are not a religious person. This is about helping out the Inner-City kids of Tacoma and it is not a church function. This is a CAR SHOW first and foremost, and all are encouraged and welcome to attend, regardless of your beliefs. Besides, the parking lot at the church is an ideal place for a car show and plenty of room for cars.
Last year, they got a turnout of about 150 cars and there should be a lot more this year. There will be vendors there and not just the usual car show vendors (Scrapbooking vendors, etc.) as well as some activites for the kids, so bring out the family! There will be also food there (breakfast and lunch).
There will be a bunch of different classes in both stock and modified, and a good amount of trophies given out. There will also be a Car Club Participation Award given out, so get together your fellow club members and go for it! Also, there will be dash plaques, door prizes, and raffle prizes given out, as well as event T-shirts for sale.
Registration is $15.00 pre-registered and $20.00 day-of-show. For more information, you can contact Ray via email at meandmyss@direcway.com or check out www.camarocruzers.cjb.net and follow the links to the Camaro Cruzers message board. Don't miss out on this one!
Old 05-26-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I talked with Ray and suggestes that if you can pre-register, please do!

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
This is a car show that Ray Ortiz from Camaro Cruzers puts on every year. It is located in Tacoma at the Life Center Church off of Union Ave. (1717 So. Union Ave, just past the Elk's Club).
Please don't let the church location or the name turn you away if you are not a religious person. This is about helping out the Inner-City kids of Tacoma and it is not a church function. This is a CAR SHOW first and foremost, and all are encouraged and welcome to attend, regardless of your beliefs. Besides, the parking lot at the church is an ideal place for a car show and plenty of room for cars.
Last year, they got a turnout of about 150 cars and there should be a lot more this year. There will be vendors there and not just the usual car show vendors (Scrapbooking vendors, etc.) as well as some activites for the kids, so bring out the family! There will be also food there (breakfast and lunch).
There will be a bunch of different classes in both stock and modified, and a good amount of trophies given out. There will also be a Car Club Participation Award given out, so get together your fellow club members and go for it! Also, there will be dash plaques, door prizes, and raffle prizes given out, as well as event T-shirts for sale.
Registration is $15.00 pre-registered and $20.00 day-of-show. For more information, you can contact Ray via email at meandmyss@direcway.com or check out www.camarocruzers.cjb.net and follow the links to the Camaro Cruzers message board. Don't miss out on this one!
Old 05-26-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ray can give the breakdown of car classes, but I believe he is doing it by year of car and if it is stock or modified. Imports, motorcycles, and trucks, I believe, will be in their own class.

Old 05-26-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

i might go check it out

i'd feel retarded putting my car in it though.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like you got a nice ride, Nathan... I say put it in and let everyone check it out!

Originally Posted by Nathan
i might go check it out

i'd feel retarded putting my car in it though.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a link to follow for more info on this show. www.cruzersforchrist.homestead.com/c4c.html.

Old 06-01-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everyone out there that likes to do car shows please keep this one in mind. Should be a great one!

Here is a link to follow for more info on this show. www.cruzersforchrist.homestead.com/c4c.html.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't see anything else going on that weekend, I might have to go check it out..I won't enter my car though, it isn't show ready...
Old 06-01-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No worries about having the car show ready, Steph... just come on out and have a good time!

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I don't see anything else going on that weekend, I might have to go check it out..I won't enter my car though, it isn't show ready...
Old 06-10-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just found out that they will be giving away a good raffle prize, which will be a 27" Flat screen TV and a DVD player.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A message from Ray Ortiz...

hi all,

As some of you know I am the Director of the "Cruzers for Christ Car Show" in Tacoma July 9th. This year we will be having a FREE drawing for two SUPER Door Prizes! I invite all of you to come out to the show and enter our FREE drawing and if you have a car, truck or bike you would like to enter in the show we would be happy to have you.

Grand Prize: JVC (AV27F476) 27" NTSC Flat TV ($350.00)
Delivers a picture more vibrant, and sound more natural than any other standard definition TV. Flat picture tube provides a more natural looking picture, one free of distortions, from corner to corner. 16:9 Anamorphic DVD Mode allows playback of anamorphic DVD's in their correct aspect ratio. Overall scanning process does not include black bars on the top or bottom of the screen, providing higher resolution. TheaterPro 6500K Color Temperature Setting allows home theater buffs to view programs as true as the film editors intended it to be.

MODEL: AV27F476

27" pure flat picture tube w/ INVAR

3-line digital comb filter

BBE W/ hyper surround sound

XDS ID display

Component and S-video inputs (1 each)

3 AV inputs (2 rear, 1 front)

1 Fixed audio output

1 Headphones mini jack

Includes:

Universal remote

2 AA batteries

Power: 120V, AC, 60Hz

Size: 23 3/8"H x 32 3/4"W x 20 1/2"D

Runner-Up Prize: Toshiba SD-3980 Single-disc DVD/CD player ($75.00)

Get a DVD player from a trusted brand at a price that's easy on your wallet. Toshiba's SD-3980 gives you a crisp, clear picture with DVD movies, and great sound from your CD collection. You can even enjoy personalized MP3 mix discs you and your friends create. The player reads digital picture CDs, too, so you can display family vacation photos and your other favorite snapshots on your TV.

The stylish, super-slim design is perfect for space-challenged areas, like dorm rooms or bedrooms. And if you have a home theater system, you can hook up the '3980 to hear DVD movie soundtracks in exciting surround sound.

Details:

» plays DVD-Video, DVD-R, and Video CD

» plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 and WMA CDs

» plays digital photo CDs (JPEG)

» selectable progressive-scan playback for smoother video with HD-compatible TVs (via the component video output)

» coaxial digital output for Dolby® Digital/DTS®/PCM

» 1 set of A/V outputs (composite, S-video and 480i/480p component video)

» remote control

» 27MHz/10-bit video DAC

» 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter

» 16-15/16"W x 1-11/16"H x 9-7/16"D

For an email copy of the Cruzers for Christ show flyer please email me at CamaroCruzers@direcway.com

tell a friend...

Thanks,

Ray, Director

Cruzers for Christ

Old 06-14-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any special favors for it being on your Birthday? It does sound like fun and you have some Great prizes! I'll try to show up if Ellis isn't booked up that weekend
Old 06-14-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Any special favors for it being on your Birthday? It does sound like fun and you have some Great prizes! I'll try to show up if Ellis isn't booked up that weekend
Hmmmm.... we will say "Happy Birthday" to you! It should be a fun show and some cool vendors there too... not just the usual vendors, but some other vendors as well. If you have kids, bring them on out too!
Old 06-21-2005, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got word that the local Mustang Club and Corvette Club are going for the "Club Participation" Award for this show. Now, I know that a lot of you are a part of other local F-Body and 'Vette clubs, so do any of you feel up for the challenge? Last year, Camaro Cruzers won it and it would be cool if we can keep the GM tradition alive! I know that we are hoping for at least 10 of our guys to come out... do you think that any of your clubs can beat that?? If a 'Vette club gets it, no biggie, but it would be a downright shame if the Mustang Club pulls it out. Get the word out and let's see if we can keep the Blue Ovals out of the winner's circle!
Old 06-21-2005, 06:28 AM
TECH Veteran

The name of the show puts me on the fence, if it were called "Cruzers for Children" or something along those lines maybe I would feel more comfortable.
No offense to anyone, its just my own hang up.

Yeah....I have issues......
Old 06-21-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GEARHED
The name of the show puts me on the fence, if it were called "Cruzers for Children" or something along those lines maybe I would feel more comfortable.
No offense to anyone, its just my own hang up.

Yeah....I have issues......
Believe me, it puts me on the fence too. I am not into orgainzed religion and if it were not for it being a friend of mine's show and where the money is going to, I wouldn't do it. But, I did it last year and I had a pretty good time. The people there are really cool and the classses, trophies, and raffle prizes are supposed to be really good! I say is that treat it like you would any other car show... no worries about anyone trying to convert you or something.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bring this up to the top for Mike & Ray,
Looks like I may make this one I dont know yet.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to go, I'll see if I can. No hang ups here
Old 07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I may go up depends if I can unload some of this stuff from the all Chevy show on Friday.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW, the JVC 27" TV will be a Grand Prize for one of the participants only, not for everyone. I know at some shows the grand prize (if they have one) is usually open for anyone to register to win, but Ray decided that just the participants will have the chance to win it. I hope that as many of you can make it out to the show... from what I understand, there are 13 different classes (including a late model Stock and Modified class) and over 30 trophies given out.

Quick Reply: C4C Car Show, July 9th.