Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Camaro Performer Magazine "Camaro Calender" Show listed that we can not go to in WA..

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camaro Performer Magazine "Camaro Calender" Show listed that we can not go to in WA..

This kind of misinformation, in this case from "the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association" really makes me mad. I am probably over reacting to even post this.

The new Camaro Performers Magazine started putting a section called "Camaro Calender" pg 81 (this issue) which is something new they just started. It tells what events are going on around the country that involve Camaros.

Great, here is what the editor says about the new calender in the magazine...

"Were sure this isn't an all inclusive list, as it's the first time we've featured a calender in Camaro Performers. To help us, please submit information on events you are involved in that are primarily for Camaro. By that we don't mean it has to be exclusively for Camaros, but there must be some assurance to other readers that if they go to the show, Camaros will be highlighted. Strictly street rod events, or events that cut off at certain years that would exclude most Camaros, are examples of events we won't publicize."

It goes on to say sent in your information to etc., etc.,...

So I scroll to July 15th-17th and there is a show in Puyallup WA. I am thinking so this is a show that "Camaros will be highlighted" according to what I just read. I go to the web site www.good-guys.com to see what is up with this show (web site provided from calender in magazine).

The web site says at the top of the page were you click on the Puyallup Show...

" 18th Pacific Northwest Nationals
West Washington Fairgrounds — Puyallup, WA
July 15, 16, 17, 2005
Rods, customs and classics through ’64."

I thought...Correct me if I am wrong...that the first Camaro was made in 67'???? So basically, no Camaros can enter! So these folks received free advertisement, which really will not do them any good since most all Camaro folks read the magazine.

Anyways I am sending a letter to the editor to inform them.

I wanted the PNWCC prob Tammy who is here to check it out and let the club know that they can advertise to try and get the Camaro show in the magazine for next year. May be cool and help with attendence.

Just ranting, I hate shows like this one...1964 and older... and they advertise in the Camaro Magazine.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

I don't even go to shows that exclude cars like that one does. THere are WAY too many cars built after 64 that are SWEET....take your for instance. Or Bills 71 Camaro. Or the 71 Cyclone Bill raced last night. But since I don't own a Camaro, I guess I'm really left out.....
Old 06-26-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey that be Great Todd. I will pass that information on to Chuck for next year.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I don't even go to shows that exclude cars like that one does. THere are WAY too many cars built after 64 that are SWEET....take your for instance. Or Bills 71 Camaro. Or the 71 Cyclone Bill raced last night. But since I don't own a Camaro, I guess I'm really left out.....
Thats why I think next year we are doing a Chevy Powered class. That way it opens it up to basically newer cars. because most of your newer cars have a GM powerplant in it. No longer do they have a Pontiac powerplant. & The LS1 & LT1 & L98 are all Chevy powered.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Todd ya know that Camaro Performer Mag is put out by Super Chevy & right now i know several people that canceled their SC Mags because of the fact they were ripping off the places they were holding their shows.

Thats part of the reason why they are NEVER coming back to seattle.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:53 AM
12 Second Club

Wow takes alot to get Todd's panties in a wad. Todd they could be dumbasses or it could be a clerical error

I am little suprised that Good Guys has not changed there year theshold since Street Roding a 60's, 70's Muscle car is really catching on.

The Good Guys show is very good, not as good as the Seattle Roadster show but it is a pay at the gate event and the only Camaro's you are going to see are in the parking lot.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Todd ya know that Camaro Performer Mag is put out by Super Chevy & right now i know several people that canceled their SC Mags because of the fact they were ripping off the places they were holding their shows.

Thats part of the reason why they are NEVER coming back to seattle.
That is a good show that is (was for Camaros). Pretty dissappointing about them not comming back.

Wow takes alot to get Todd's panties in a wad. Todd they could be dumbasses or it could be a clerical error
Could be the case. It just struck me wrong at first, I am over it today, lol. The 64" and older entry... It is almost like running an ad for a Mustang show in the magazine, lol.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

In the print version it just says
July 15-17 Payallup, WA, 18th Pacfic Northwest Nationals
Western Washington Fairgrounds
Goodguys Rod and Custom Assoc.
www.good-guys.com
(925) 838-9876

My guess is there was no proofreading (Payallup?) or checking that it was for "Rods, customs and classics through ’64."

This is the first time they are trying to publish a schedule so notifiying them is a good idea - as in - check what you print first to make sure "Camaros will be highlighted" (plural).

Quick Reply: Camaro Performer Magazine "Camaro Calender" Show listed that we can not go to in WA..