Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Looking for something to do this weekend??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for something to do this weekend??????

OK you guys are getting a copy of the email I just spammed the club with Here ya go. lol

Man what a year we are having, I hope we have been keeping you busy with all the events we have been having. If you have something you would like to do feel free to email me at Iroczlover@hpiv.net & I will see if they club is interested in doing it. Remember we can do all events people email me. But I will try to get every event I can out to you guys.

This weekends happenings most of them are not even in our events Calendar I have been just getting emails about them.

First of all if you want to go have some fun at a cruise in you can go join Classic Chevy Parts Inc down in Ground Mounds WA on Friday night at 7 pm. & then ride along for the cruise down to Centralia & cruise the streets down there.
How do I get down there from Seattle? Or how do I get there? Well Go I-5 south bond to Exit 88 Take a right at the off ramp light & get over in the left hand lane. Take a left & its about a mile down the road.
Do I have to have a classic for this cruise?? Nope just bring any ride you happen to be driving in.

OK That’s Friday night, but if you are more interested in watching Fast cars then SOVERN is for you. What is SOVERN you ask well SOVERN is Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts. They do the Road Course at Pacific Raceways, Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs & Other Vintage Racing cars. Get up Close & personal with some of the best drivers around. Last year I even got to talk to Cammie Edelbrock, Yes Vic’s daughter they were racing Camaros & Mustangs.

Cost is $25 per person or $40 for the weekend & Children age 7 – 16 is $5 per day. If you go you also get a chance to check out show cars in the Car Corral. Even our own Club will have at least one car there for the weekend. Check it out its worth the money.

Ok Fast & loud cars is not your thing? Then check out The Fort Lewis Show ‘N Shine on July 02. This is NOT the 4th July show that the base always puts on.
As some of your members may remember, about 2 years ago the Commissary at Ft. Lewis put on a show. They feed all the participants and there were a lot of give away items. Well it's going to be the same this year.
NO this isn't put on by Hot Rod Magazine, but is in the same location.

If your members are interested; have them contact me for more Information & I will give ya phone numbers

If that is not enough then check out the Freedom Fest Car show on Fort Lewis on Monday 4th, You might have some problems getting in to the show but you can always go check it out.

Remember we are also getting close to the All Camaro & All Chevy show only 3 more weeks left. If you have not turned in your entry please do so. You don’t know how to get one well click Here for the Information & Printable Entry forum. We are also still looking for Goodie bag stuff, Raffle prizes & Silent Auction prizes. If you know of a company or someone who is willing to donate some stuff Please get a hold of Me & I will turn it over to the people incharge.

Have a good 4th of July & a nice weekend.

Tammy Ivey

PNWCC Activities Director
Old 06-30-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
OK you guys are getting a copy of the email I just spammed the club with Here ya go. lol

Man what a year we are having, I hope we have been keeping you busy with all the events we have been having. If you have something you would like to do feel free to email me at Iroczlover@hpiv.net & I will see if they club is interested in doing it. Remember we can do all events people email me. But I will try to get every event I can out to you guys.

This weekends happenings most of them are not even in our events Calendar I have been just getting emails about them.

First of all if you want to go have some fun at a cruise in you can go join Classic Chevy Parts Inc down in Ground Mounds WA on Friday night at 7 pm. & then ride along for the cruise down to Centralia & cruise the streets down there.
How do I get down there from Seattle? Or how do I get there? Well Go I-5 south bond to Exit 88 Take a right at the off ramp light & get over in the left hand lane. Take a left & its about a mile down the road.
Do I have to have a classic for this cruise?? Nope just bring any ride you happen to be driving in.

OK That’s Friday night, but if you are more interested in watching Fast cars then SOVERN is for you. What is SOVERN you ask well SOVERN is Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts. They do the Road Course at Pacific Raceways, Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs & Other Vintage Racing cars. Get up Close & personal with some of the best drivers around. Last year I even got to talk to Cammie Edelbrock, Yes Vic’s daughter they were racing Camaros & Mustangs.

Cost is $25 per person or $40 for the weekend & Children age 7 – 16 is $5 per day. If you go you also get a chance to check out show cars in the Car Corral. Even our own Club will have at least one car there for the weekend. Check it out its worth the money.

Ok Fast & loud cars is not your thing? Then check out The Fort Lewis Show ‘N Shine on July 02. This is NOT the 4th July show that the base always puts on.
As some of your members may remember, about 2 years ago the Commissary at Ft. Lewis put on a show. They feed all the participants and there were a lot of give away items. Well it's going to be the same this year.
NO this isn't put on by Hot Rod Magazine, but is in the same location.

If your members are interested; have them contact me for more Information & I will give ya phone numbers

If that is not enough then check out the Freedom Fest Car show on Fort Lewis on Monday 4th, You might have some problems getting in to the show but you can always go check it out.

Remember we are also getting close to the All Camaro & All Chevy show only 3 more weeks left. If you have not turned in your entry please do so. You don’t know how to get one well click Here for the Information & Printable Entry forum. We are also still looking for Goodie bag stuff, Raffle prizes & Silent Auction prizes. If you know of a company or someone who is willing to donate some stuff Please get a hold of Me & I will turn it over to the people incharge.

Have a good 4th of July & a nice weekend.

Tammy Ivey

PNWCC Activities Director
The show for July 4th on Ft. Lewis will be almost impossible to do if you haven't pre-registered by now. The cutoff date was June 14th and if they didn't get your registration by then, they won't issue a pass for that day. Only way of doing it would be if you are military or retired military and you have military tags on your ride and a valid military ID card. That is what I was told, unfortuntaly
Old 06-30-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can sometime get in, We did several years ago. Plus you can also get in to the Fest & not show your car. you just have to stay in the areas you are allowed.

Same with the Airshow at McChord they open the bases but keep everyone in one location
Old 06-30-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Veteran

you can sometime get in, We did several years ago. Plus you can also get in to the Fest & not show your car. you just have to stay in the areas you are allowed.

Same with the Airshow at McChord they open the bases but keep everyone in one location
Maybe but I doubt it - Lewis/McChord just transferred in over 6,800 soldiers (not including family) from bases that closed...and they all drive RICERS
I can't imagine the line at the trailer to gain access past the gates - its bad enough on any given day as it is!
Old 06-30-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Maybe but I doubt it - Lewis/McChord just transferred in over 6,800 soldiers (not including family) from bases that closed...and they all drive RICERS
I can't imagine the line at the trailer to gain access past the gates - its bad enough on any given day as it is!
LOL I guess I am lucky I just use the back gate of Lewis lol.

No I am planning on calling the guys tomorrow to see if I can still get some guys in to the gate.

No all the new guys drive Ricers I have met several of the newer guys that drive NICE looking Fbodies.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:40 AM
TECH Veteran

LOL I guess I am lucky I just use the back gate of Lewis lol.
I already know they will have that blocked for anyone without stickers. They are thinking of blocking it all together so check first - at least its an easy access to the furniture warehouse

No I am planning on calling the guys tomorrow to see if I can still get some guys in to the gate.
I thought about that but don't want to wait hours to get them a temp pass. Most everyone we know that would go/is going already are military so its not an issue.

No all the new guys drive Ricers I have met several of the newer guys that drive NICE looking Fbodies.
They must be hiding! I've seen a few Mustangs but no Fbodies yet but I wouldn't blame them. Who would want to park next to a ricer that looks like everything on it fell off a carnival truck?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

They must be hiding! I've seen a few Mustangs but no Fbodies yet but I wouldn't blame them. Who would want to park next to a ricer that looks like everything on it fell off a carnival truck?
I drove my husbands car on base the other day & several new guys came out of the BX drooling over it & said they just came up from Tx & they all have Firebirds & Camaros. I told them to come here & I passed out fliers to the show so you never know they may show up.
There was like 20 guys. they were shopping for temp stuff for their rooms.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is going to be a nightmare trying to get on base on the 4th. I had to jump through hoops to get on base last year and it took me about an hour and a half to get on, waiting at the gate. Huge pain in the ***!
Old 06-30-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
It is going to be a nightmare trying to get on base on the 4th. I had to jump through hoops to get on base last year and it took me about an hour and a half to get on, waiting at the gate. Huge pain in the ***!
That is if you are planning on getting in to the show. If you are just going to go walk around the fest just have Drive lic. Insurance & Reg out & ready to hand over.

If you go to 119 (dupont exit) they will have buses for ya.

Quick Reply: Looking for something to do this weekend??????