Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I Need a Router!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Need a Router!

Does anyone have a spare they aren't using or know where I could get one relatively cheap? It would surely be Appreciated!!

It's a Linksys 2.4 GHZ Wireless-G Broadband router.

Mine has been acting up for a while now, logging me off and on like crazy..then today it went dead till we reset it. It's working at the moment, but I'm sure it's fixing to die...

TIA!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm using the same thing at home. Mines working good unlike some other things around here.

If you can't find one from someone you can probably pick one up retail cheaper this time around. I think I noticed they were significantly less expensive than when I bought mine in 2003.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL... For a sec there I was trying to think of what the hell you might be making that you need a router?

Then it hit me... you weren't talking about a wood working router!
Old 07-03-2005, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

I have one, It is a 2.4 ghz wireless router, D-LINK/ Let me know.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CHarris
LOL... For a sec there I was trying to think of what the hell you might be making that you need a router?

Then it hit me... you weren't talking about a wood working router!
I was thinking the same thing...i was like "2.4gHz, wtf??? I only have a 2.5 horse craftsman"
Old 07-03-2005, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Old 07-03-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHarris
I'm using the same thing at home. Mines working good unlike some other things around here.

If you can't find one from someone you can probably pick one up retail cheaper this time around. I think I noticed they were significantly less expensive than when I bought mine in 2003.
We've only had this one for 2 years, but it's already headed south....and we were going to head to the store, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try our friends first Ya never know with all of us Computer Geeks what we might have laying around

I think Jake has what we need...so I shouldn't have to miss out on my favorite web site at all! Thanks Jake!! And everyone else!

And sorry, I should have said Broadband Router in the topic
Old 07-03-2005, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Hey, Jake at your service, Need it tonight? If so we can meet up somewhere I live in Renton now a days and can prolly meet you, or even drop it off. Let me know what you want to do.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by strobelite
Hey, Jake at your service, Need it tonight? If so we can meet up somewhere I live in Renton now a days and can prolly meet you, or even drop it off. Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks for the offer to deliver it tonight, but Ellis was tuckered out and went to bed early...He'll have to arrange a time to get it from you tomorrow or something
Old 07-04-2005, 03:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by taufern
I was thinking the same thing...i was like "2.4gHz, wtf??? I only have a 2.5 horse craftsman"
I thought the same thing - except maybe Steph was doing some work on the house but those numbers seemed waaaaaaaaaay off

Steph, sorry we didn't see this earlier cuz we have a frickin box of routers - everytime we changed companies they would send us a new one and Merc would bring one home just in case.

Anyone need a router for their Comcrap connection? They are free...
Old 07-04-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GEARHED
I thought the same thing - except maybe Steph was doing some work on the house but those numbers seemed waaaaaaaaaay off

Steph, sorry we didn't see this earlier cuz we have a frickin box of routers - everytime we changed companies they would send us a new one and Merc would bring one home just in case.

Anyone need a router for their Comcrap connection? They are free...
I will take you up on that offer..next time we are in town.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:46 AM
TECH Veteran

No problem. Need a tower (or two)? How about *9* cell phones? Cables? Keyboards? Boards we don't know what they are anymore? CD Rom players?

I've given a bunch away already but there is still two boxes left in storage...I refuse to pay someone to take this stuff off our hands and charity groups that say they take this stuff really don't.
Friggin PITA - we'll see ya next time you are in town no problem
Old 07-06-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GEARHED
No problem. Need a tower (or two)? How about *9* cell phones? Cables? Keyboards? Boards we don't know what they are anymore? CD Rom players?

I've given a bunch away already but there is still two boxes left in storage...I refuse to pay someone to take this stuff off our hands and charity groups that say they take this stuff really don't.
Friggin PITA - we'll see ya next time you are in town no problem
cool I can be a kid in a candy store...just looking at most parts i can figure it out.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you still need a router? My boyfriend has 2 routers, an 802.11 G and an 802.11 B. The first one is on Ebay and he'll take $10 plus shipping for the 2nd one. The 2nd is new and comes with the box but has been opened. Let us know if you are interested Here is the link to the Ebay auction for the first router... Ebay auction

Quick Reply: I Need a Router!