Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Chelan OWNED my car! Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chelan OWNED my car! Pics

So I am back from being in Chelan for the weekend. On a good note, I managed to get 24mpg on the way there on Highway 2 with 2 passengers and a load of stuff and the AC on about half of the time! That's the best I think I have ever gotten. My car has NEVER been this dirty before at any time that I have owned it! The "road" to my parent's place above Lake Entiat is 4.2 miles of gravel road with lots of washboard and dust and big rocks. I made the trip up and down that hill 3 times over the weekend! Ah! So after climbing up that 1500 feet or so, I finally made it to my place without high centering or getting stuck. Here are some pictures of my car in front of my place, overlooking Lake Entiat. I'm pissed that my friend had the "date" function on his camera on, that really ruined a lot of really nice shots of my car, even though it is incredibly dirty.. Here are some pics:

There are my Nitto Extreme Off-Road and dust CAKED on the rims! There is no justice in the pictures, because white always looks good even when dirty, but here is the closest picture I have for justice:

And then due to the heat, by the time I reached Edmonds, this had happened:

Well I guess taking the side moldings off is past due. I've got about 10 hours of cleaning to do on this thing! Plus that gravel roads rattled my car so bad that I think my LCA bolt loosened up a little bit and it started making a clunking noise. So I get to tighten up all of that stuff too!

So I am driving on 522 and I come to merge onto 405 North and I look to the left before the cement wall divides the onramp from 405, and I see a black Trans Am. I tell my friend "Hey I think I saw a black Trans Am back there heading our same way." So I merge onto 405 and see this black convertible Trans Am in my mirror, and I say to my friend "I think I know this guy." And then the Trans Am must have seen me because he flew up to pace me . Car is looking super good Howard . Too bad the only thing I could do was make loud noises at you with my exhaust while my clutch slipped because after 3rd gear there is no accelerating for me . Ordered the new clutch on Thursday so that I could have it this week, but they still have not shipped or even charged me for it, GRR. Will have to call them tomorrow and tell them I was expecting it this week. Damn online companies! Anyways, I had a good time in Chelan even though my car is cussing at me..
Old 07-04-2005, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Off-Road 30th Anniv.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My eyes are burning! Did I really see dirt on a car?? Good thing your parents aren't mine. They would have to meet me half way so I could keep my car clean.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ram-it
My eyes are burning! Did I really see dirt on a car?? Good thing your parents aren't mine. They would have to meet me half way so I could keep my car clean.
I just went up there with a few friends of mine, my parents didn't come. Believe me, bringing the Camaro was my last resort..
Old 07-05-2005, 02:00 AM
TECH Addict

That thing sounded sweet! I saw the body dammage. Bummer ! I can make excuses too. That SS3600 torque converter spinns the tires and I loose traction even at 70 mph! In fact it happened twice when we were on 522. I did see you getting on and thought it might be you. When I saw the black zr1's with the orange calipers I knew it was.

I was on my way to see my mom at the convelecent center in Lynnwood. I stopped by Hooters after I left to see if that was where you were going but the lot there was pretty much empty so I just went home.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 AM
12 Second Club

What a view.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would rent a car instead
Old 07-05-2005, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Who's that ugly guy in front of your car?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Yekta
I would rent a car instead
Pretty sure you need to be 21 or older to rent a car.
Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Who's that ugly guy in front of your car?
You bastard. That's not what the hotties in Chelan said
Old 07-05-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hotties? You mean they speak english over there and have all their teeth?? Or are you talking about the critters?
Old 07-05-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Veteran

What are you doing in that pic, Eric? Are you posing for "Camaro Owners Gone Wild?"

Old 07-05-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Those are some pretty cool looking pics. Nice view of the Valley
Old 07-05-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
What are you doing in that pic, Eric? Are you posing for "Camaro Owners Gone Wild?"

Well I was going to keep it as a surprise..

Yeah Eric, Chelan is where all the girls from Western Washington go during the summer
Old 07-06-2005, 04:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ram-it
Hotties? You mean they speak english over there and have all their teeth?? Or are you talking about the critters?
ROTFLMFAO