Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th

I don't know about yall but I'm beat today. Did a little too much partying yesterday. I found out last Satarday that my manifold filter is leaking on my 93 LT1. I thought it was the flaunge gaskette but turns out that the 93 LT1 dosen't have one like the newer models. Should I just have headers put on verse having it fixed? There is definately a noticeable loss of power, it sounds like it has a cold. They say it's gonna be about $300 to fix it. Anyone have any suggestions on what move I should take on this issue?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

as for the Safe 4th Yeppers didnt do anything or go anywhere, Made the kids watch the fireworks from the window & on tv.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Yeah there are a lot of crazy people out on the holidays. There were people blowing up bombs on my street.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NiteRiderLT1
Yeah there are a lot of crazy people out on the holidays. There were people blowing up bombs on my street.
They were doing that across the road from my house until Ellis went out there and told them to get lost. They were making our house rattle... Besides there were fireworks going off all around us... It was pretty uneventful here besides that...We went to a friends Party and had our fun Saturday night
Old 07-05-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine just bought a 2' long cannon. We had a little get together at his house on Sunday and after a few drinks he pulled this thing out and we started firing it off. It uses black powder and man that thing is loud ! At first we were just shooting paper towel wadding out of it. After a few more drinks we got a little more creative and started shooting shop rags soaked in gasoline out of it. A couple more drinks and new idea's started coming to us left and right so we took a chunk of magnesium and scraped a bunch of shavings off of it which we wrapped in a gasoline soaked rag and then REALLY put a big load of black powder in it that time. Quite a show at night That was our last shot of the night because 3 minutes after that shot a county sheriff came and parked in front of his house for 1/2 hr or so

Quick Reply: Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th