Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Raced a NSX yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a NSX yesterday

I was coming back from the Burien 4th of July parade w/ the t-tops off and just enjoying the ride. I head down on the express lanes (North) and am cruising along at 65 when a NSX goes tearing by me at about 100. I drop into 4th and give chase and I catch him at the Lake Washington (I think that is it, right before the UW exit when heading North) We are side by side, me in 4th and him in whatever, and we both hit at at pretty much the same time. Course, I was having problems trying to figure out why my car was being kinda slugish as I was thinking I was in 3rd, not 4th. Anyway, we are side by side and I am inching on him so slowly, at about 130, he had to change lanes and dropped from about mid fender to mid door when he had to do that and we are doing 135 as we come up off the bridge. There was traffic ahead and some turns so I slowed him. The NSX was apparently just wanting to drive 100+ all the way, which I wasn't too big on, so I got beside him again and gave him a thumbs up. It was an older guy (late 40s?) who had his wife? with him, both had huge grins on their faces. I caught up later when he was stuck in traffic then lost him again near the Edmonds/Kingston ferry.
All in all it took about 6 minutes to get from South side of Seattle to Shoreline.

135 with the tops off creates some serious turbulance! Amy had her bandana fly off, but it landed right behind her seat.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

I always thought those NSX's looked
Old 07-05-2005, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

lol I had the same experience back when I first bought the t/a. cept it was a younger guy in the nsx and he wasn't too happy. That and I was the one that had to change lanes. Those kills are fun
Old 07-05-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Gotta love those $60k kills! Congrats Doug!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

I always liked their looks, but find them weak sauce at the track... I blew the doors off a black one last Wednesday, seemed to be in late 90's stang GT territory time-wise.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SeaHawk
I always liked their looks, but find them weak sauce at the track... I blew the doors off a black one last Wednesday, seemed to be in late 90's stang GT territory time-wise.
I just dig em for their looks and I understand they handle well too........not my idea of a straight line acceleration machine.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:56 AM
TECH Addict

I have raced a few. Lived next to one and we talked some respect back and forth. I tried sitting in one at the dealership when my mom bought her RL. I could not fit in the thing. They are Japanese cars through and through. Of course I am 6'4" and 270lbs.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
I have raced a few. Lived next to one and we talked some respect back and forth. I tried sitting in one at the dealership when my mom bought her RL. I could not fit in the thing. They are Japanese cars through and through. Of course I am 6'4" and 270lbs.
Next time I need something off a top shelf, I'm callin you!

Nice kill! Uphill they just suck - ate one heading off the Hood Canal bridge in April from about 5 car lengths behind, that guy was doggin it mid-way. He backed off when I blew past and kept going to the Port Towsend exit.
He looked like he was mad at the dealership or somethin
Old 07-06-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Next time I need something off a top shelf, I'm callin you!

Nice kill! Uphill they just suck - ate one heading off the Hood Canal bridge in April from about 5 car lengths behind, that guy was doggin it mid-way. He backed off when I blew past and kept going to the Port Towsend exit.
He looked like he was mad at the dealership or somethin
I think the problem for a lotta their owners is that they were marketed as this less expensive way to get a "super car" but someone forgot to tell them to put any torque in that engine..........sweet handling, looks and style for miles, but no guts where it counts.........I would not mind picking up a clean, low mile used one to have to tool around in for fun, but I would never race it, too embarassing to lose. Or so I have heard anyway.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually drove a 98 NSX a couple years ago. Handling and braking were phenomonal but the power was just not up to par with the chassis. Plus, it only made power up top, forget about anything below 4k rpms. My friend owned an older NSX (96?) and had a supercharger installed. That helped quite a bit with the power problem but in all honesty, I'd take a Z06 over that supercharged NSX any day of the week,,,, hands down!!

Mike

Quick Reply: Raced a NSX yesterday