Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Another Car Show (Sat the 23rd)

Old 07-21-2005, 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Car Show (Sat the 23rd)

In case anyone is having withdrawls, this one looks good.

http://home.earthlink.net/~alkicarshow/index.html

We'll be at the drags....NITRO BABY!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Can't make this one cause I got to work. God i wish I could go with you guys. Have a great time.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will also be at the Nationals... sitting in Section B, row J. I'll keep an eye out for ya, Mark. My friend Cayce will be there as well, and since he ran in some of the circles with the nitro car teams (he's the one that was crew chief for one of the Nitro Bike teams), might get to have some time getting a closer look at a car or two.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I will also be at the Nationals... sitting in Section B, row J. I'll keep an eye out for ya, Mark. My friend Cayce will be there as well, and since he ran in some of the circles with the nitro car teams (he's the one that was crew chief for one of the Nitro Bike teams), might get to have some time getting a closer look at a car or two.
Yeah... this weekend is just bad for car shows, which is a shame since the weather is going to be really nice. The Alki show looks good though, compared to the Cruise The Narrows Show, which I won't do again.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

The alki show is for 1972 and older. I already looked into this one.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by howierd42
The alki show is for 1972 and older. I already looked into this one.
Ahhh... another one of those shows!! My opinion on those shows... having a few of those types of shows are cool, but these car shows are going to have to learn to start accepting in the newer cars and giving them a chance to compete because they we soon realize that the newer cars will be their bread and butter one day. I won't do the Cruise The Narrows Show this year because although they say it is open to all makes and models, they only give out the awards to the pre-1972 cars. I've been to too many car shows this year that have had the same attitude about that as well. They are more than willing to take your money and let you enter the show, but they won't give you a chance in Hell to win anything.
Wake up and smell the Tacoma tideflats.... if you keep alienating the next generation, there won't be anyone left around to appreciate the older rides once that generation dies off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Car Show (Sat the 23rd)