Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Planing Ahead

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Planing Ahead

I am almost certain the rear-end is going to go this weekend. The whine from the rear is getting louder and louder and with these new M/T Slicks I highly doubt it will hold up good.

I was wondering if anyone going has AAA towing? I don't and I do not want to entertain a 200 towing bill.

Just in case ya know. I always hope for the worst and anything better than that is Great!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

How is your radiator? Sorry the ones I got for you did not work.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

I don't have AAA, nor do I have a trailer so I can't help you Jake. You could try taking it easy on the launch.....HA, what am I saying? This is YOU! And to make matters worse, you listen to ELLIS!!!

Well, if you haven't already spent that $1000, you could take the car over to Dan @ NW Dif & have him do what he can. WIth different gears, new bearings, a TA cover & a solid crush sleeve it should live for another year. Unless you keep listening to that Ellis character.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

You can sign up with AAA on the fly, I've done it before. Called them when my car broke down and signed up over the cell phone. Had a truck there within an hour. 75 is cheaper than the 200+ for towing out of there. THen your good for a year.

Good reminder, I need to re-sign up.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's wrong with listening to Ellis? I finally listened to his clutch advice... now I have a Detroit Locker and a fresh set of gears going into the car.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Jake if I were you I would just get the AAA thing. It's only like $70 I think for a year, or $86 for the plus option where you get 100 miles free and no wait time for ferries and stuff. Alec had the regular thing and we were able to get his truck towed 5 miles into Kingston. Then the next day calling AAA again they kept him on hold for a really long time and blah blah bitch bitch and somehow he ended up with a free plus membership for both his parents and himself for a year. Got the truck towed from Kingston, all the way to Echo Lake (near Monroe) for $75 haha.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

I have AAA but I will be taking off as soon as I get booted out. I'm not sure if they will cover you if you break down at the track? You definately want to check into thier requirments. Anyway see you guys tonight.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I don't have AAA, nor do I have a trailer so I can't help you Jake. You could try taking it easy on the launch.....HA, what am I saying? This is YOU! And to make matters worse, you listen to ELLIS!!!

Well, if you haven't already spent that $1000, you could take the car over to Dan @ NW Dif & have him do what he can. WIth different gears, new bearings, a TA cover & a solid crush sleeve it should live for another year. Unless you keep listening to that Ellis character.

Sardog is my hero, if it breaks, screw it make it faster
Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by strobelite
Sardog is my hero, if it breaks, screw it make it faster
That's my philosophy these days too... Eaton broke, fugit, time for a locker.

Quick Reply: Planing Ahead