Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Thanks and Good Bye new Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thanks and Good Bye new Clutch

I want to thank Ellis for helping with my car, in between winning race after race. Also, thanks to Brian for letting Ellis pull my car on your trailer for a look. My new big dollar clutch lasted less than 48 hours and 3-launches. We think a hydraulic hose blew off. first time in my life I have a shop do work for me and... Can't say for sure yet if it was install shop or clutch manufacturer. Could also be a burst hyd line. What a downer though. By the way I didn't get my name tag stickie. still had fun though and met some more ls1tech people.
Robert
Old 07-30-2005, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what happened on that 14.xx round you ran when I was behind you in line waiting to run. Man, that sucks Robert. Any chance of the shop being liable for part of that?
Old 07-30-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Rokko, yea that run should have told me of things to come, as clutch stuck to floor in 4th gear change. Then, next run was like a 19 sec run with car stuck in first and total clutch failure. In tranny section some are saying slave cyl failure? Don't know as it was a brand new Z06 slave supplied by Textraila.
Robert
Old 07-30-2005, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Slave failure is what I was thinking also. i may have mentioned it last night. Sorry i could not spend more time it was a busy night. I came back to check in on you and the car was gone. I hope the trip home was not bad. If I would of had the time I could have driven it home for you...or to TT.

Should be an easy fix..lets hope! The trans does have to come out again is the bummer. If you supplied all the parts they will probably charge you for it again.

Good luck!
Old 07-30-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not a bad flat bed trip, the guy did good. I just happen to have another new Z06 slave and hopefully it's an issue that Textraila or Turbo Tech will honor. Ellis do you think the clutch disc itself will be ok or will fluid comprimize the workings. Thanks again for your help.
Robert
Old 07-30-2005, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Should be fine man. The fluid is usually out side the clutch surfaces
Old 07-30-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry I didn't get your name tag to ya..I didn't even get a chance to meet you personally..and I thought I replied to this post this morning, but I must not have sent it...

Your car is really nice, I think I've seen it at the track before. Sorry that it broke..I hate when that happens when you just get it fixed!

Now is that Blue tape to keep the rubber off of the wheel wells? and does it leave any sticky residue behind? I had a couple people ask me about that yesterday...

I Z-6'd (Zaino) my car a couple of times yesterday and this morning the rubber just came right off I love that stuff!
Old 07-30-2005, 04:42 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I've talked to you at the track a couple times and did not even know you were a member here!
Old 07-30-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Sorry I didn't get your name tag to ya..I didn't even get a chance to meet you personally..and I thought I replied to this post this morning, but I must not have sent it...

Your car is really nice, I think I've seen it at the track before. Sorry that it broke..I hate when that happens when you just get it fixed!

Now is that Blue tape to keep the rubber off of the wheel wells? and does it leave any sticky residue behind? I had a couple people ask me about that yesterday...

I Z-6'd (Zaino) my car a couple of times yesterday and this morning the rubber just came right off I love that stuff!
No problem on name tag, I am just teasing.

Yea, blue tape is to keep rubber off and small chips from little pebals picked up from stickie tires then expelled at a high rate on burn outs. I use NXT, but rubber seems to penatrate and stick big time. Usually I have to use bug/tar remover to get it off. Also, I am kinda lazy out side of go fast stuff and often don't try to get it off for days (maybe my biggest problem). I have heard a lot of good stuff about Zaino, and may try it someday.
Robert
Old 07-30-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Wow, I've talked to you at the track a couple times and did not even know you were a member here!
Yea, off hand, I can't put a face to your user name, and have seen/read your posts many times. We should get LS1Tech stickers for our cars/persons with a place to put user names, or something?
Robert
Old 08-01-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Clutch problem looks as it was an installer error. The Textralia clutch comes with a f-body slave (same as Z06 internally). Now there is an "Attenion" install sheet that specifies changing the slave hard line and flex line. A new guy at this shop (even after I pointed this out with directios in hand) failed to change the bleeder out. The Z06 bleeder is shorter, and if you use the f-body bleeder it will hit frame, crack and then break off. Thus the lose of all fluid out the bell housing and complete clutch failure. they are going to fix it no problem.
Robert
Old 08-01-2005, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

GREAT to hear Robert. Hopefully you are back on the road in no time. Sucks that it happened.

Are they going to pick up the tow?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Glad to hear it man!
Old 08-01-2005, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Good to hear they're covering it... other than that how do you like the clutch? it's one that's caught my eye.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Strobelite, I haven't asked about the tow, yet, but will, as it cost $150. Hoping they will fix before Wed evening.

rookiels1, I think I like the clutch from what I can tell so far, it seem to grab much better and quicker. On the one half way good launch, I was spinning more than normal, may have to heat the BFG's up a little more and adjust tire pressure.

Robert

Quick Reply: Thanks and Good Bye new Clutch