Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Thanks Again Ellis

Old 09-27-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Again Ellis

Thank you Ellis from taking the time out of your busy schedule to work the bugs out. So it seems like the only problem was the TMD. Too much tq for the tranny to handle.

So now we are back in business, I'll see you guys on Friday to test it out again.

On a side note: Nice ride RollinBlack, I wish that 447 was in my C5 instead of your though.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any time Rey. I just wanted to make sure we got it back to where you could race it
Old 09-28-2005, 01:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ellis is the wizard... My car runs great too, no issues on the way home, even opened it up a couple of times and it felt nice.

I might try taking the dremel to the throttle blade, give more of a rounded finish to the back side (intake side), along the bottom of the blade... see if that helps the blade sticking issue when coming to a stop.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Thank you Ellis from taking the time out of your busy schedule to work the bugs out. So it seems like the only problem was the TMD. Too much tq for the tranny to handle.

So now we are back in business, I'll see you guys on Friday to test it out again.

On a side note: Nice ride RollinBlack, I wish that 447 was in my C5 instead of your though.
Glad Ellis got you figured out, now Rey will be back to his happy self.
Yea, RollinBlack has got a bad azz Z06, I've invited him to the drags a couple times and think he is going to come out next year. Maybe he can give Ryan a tuff time. See ya Friday.
Robert
Old 09-28-2005, 02:46 AM
Launching!

Rey, thanks for the compliments. Looking forward to Ellis working out the bugs so I can start to enjoy the car.

Robert, hope to have things running smoothly for next season, then I will need a few lessons from you practiced drag racers

Ellis has got a pretty sweet set-up and I am sure he will get me dialed in soon.

Perry
Old 09-28-2005, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rollin Black
Rey, thanks for the compliments. Looking forward to Ellis working out the bugs so I can start to enjoy the car.

Robert, hope to have things running smoothly for next season, then I will need a few lessons from you practiced drag racers

Ellis has got a pretty sweet set-up and I am sure he will get me dialed in soon.

Perry
Yeah, you have a nice car Perry, and with any luck Ellis can save it for you. But I think we need to introduce you to this new product called Meguiars Car Wash Soap. Works wonders on black road race cars! Even Boyce's car looks good with it....
Old 09-28-2005, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok guys take it easy on Perry He might be the guy passing you when you are not expecting it and going for the next guy in the middle of the next turn

Glad it was a good trip home Jason Once you get that TB issue taken care of it should be great!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Ellis is the wizard... My car runs great too, no issues on the way home, even opened it up a couple of times and it felt nice.

I might try taking the dremel to the throttle blade, give more of a rounded finish to the back side (intake side), along the bottom of the blade... see if that helps the blade sticking issue when coming to a stop.
Maybe just use a little fine sandpaper... say a 1200 grit or so and do it by hand. take too much off and the car will drive like crap.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yeah, you have a nice car Perry, and with any luck Ellis can save it for you. But I think we need to introduce you to this new product called Meguiars Car Wash Soap. Works wonders on black road race cars! Even Boyce's car looks good with it....
I am sure Ellis can save it, the question is how many serious problems are there.

As far as dropping off a dirty car, I do apologize to Ellis for this.

The Speed Secrets crew washed it for me, thanks!

Normally the car is clean and purdy before it goes out. But after my last road course event I had 8 PSI oil pressure and I only drove the car up the trailer to get home, then off the trailer again at Elli's place. Wanted to minimize any damage to the motor.

Car normaly gets washed before going out even if it rains the next day
Old 09-28-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CHarris
Maybe just use a little fine sandpaper... say a 1200 grit or so and do it by hand. take too much off and the car will drive like crap.
Good point... I'll try that by hand first and see if that works. I'd rather not have to order a new TB just yet.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Just flipping ya **** Perry. I completely understand - no oil press = NO drivng!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Good point... I'll try that by hand first and see if that works. I'd rather not have to order a new TB just yet.
Do you still have the stock TB on? I took mine apart a few months ago, took the edge off with the sandpaper attachment on the dremel, cleaned it up real good and polished the inside, no issues at all. I didn't go overboard, also watch the TPS hex bolts will strip out real easy. The little particles from sanding will make the TB blade stick too, so will need to be cleaned good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thanks Again Ellis