Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

looks like all is well, but i may need help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question looks like all is well, but i may need help...

hey guys, looks like i am gonna be getting a nice shiny new water pump and opti spark. i am pretty sure that mt problems are from my water pump (don't know if you guys saw my post in the lt1 forum about my water pump going out), and my grandma is buying it for me . she must really like buying em cause she bought my mom one when it went out on her car. i called up bill sallia and asked him and he thought thats probebly what it is. so i am glad to get that fixed. which brings me too my nexted point, i was wondering if i would be able to get a little help whith changing this out, cause i have no idea how. and after my plugs and wires i don't want to go it alone agian, lol. so if anyone is interested i guess just pm me. also since i am going to be changing it anyway, do you guys think it would be ok to go ahead and pressure wash my engine bay at one of those do-it-yourself car washes. and since it is only about 3 or 4 miles from my house, if water got in my opti, would it still run enough to drive it home and to where i would be getting it done if someone helpped me out?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about helping you out, but I definitely wouldn't pressure wash the engine. The opti's cost a lot of money and they get ruined when they get wet....
Old 10-01-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah don't pressure wash the engine ... btw it would help if you posted your location ... if you're around the portland area shoot me a pm and i can give you a hand.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

oh yea madpwr1, i'm in lake stevens wa. and about the opti, i know that would kill it, but since i am already gonna replace it, i want to clean my engine.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jewbacca
oh yea madpwr1, i'm in lake stevens wa. and about the opti, i know that would kill it, but since i am already gonna replace it, i want to clean my engine.

Simple green, good rags, toothbrush and some elbow grease. Handle it!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

so is anyone near lake stevens that might be able to help me out with this one?