Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Stroker Blower Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroker Blower Issues

Some of you have seen / heard about some issues I've been working thru on this little project. So I thought I'd post a few pics that show exactly what is going on, the progress we've made, and the newest issue I found yesterday.

So, here are some pics of the missing hole issue on a 6L motor, the blower mounted on the engine (does that baby stick out there or what?) and the pulley allignment issue I found. Ah, the things they don't tell you......

PS Thanks to Don, Ellis & Ryan for getting me this far!
Attached Thumbnails Stroker Blower Issues-6lmissingholestnail.jpg   Stroker Blower Issues-6lmissingbolttnail.jpg   Stroker Blower Issues-strokerblowertnail.jpg   Stroker Blower Issues-strokerblowersidetnail.jpg   Stroker Blower Issues-strokerblowerpulleystnail.jpg  

Old 10-31-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Ah, the things they don't tell you......

I feel your pain. The devils in the details. "Sure its a bolt on. After its been to the machinist twice and you get 3 different brackets fabbed up for it, it will bolt right on".

You would THINK that they would have AT LEAST made you aware of the pulley alignment issue. Whats the plan for fixing that?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

Oh, and thanks to Boyce for loaning me his Alt & bracket to check this out!

I am about to call ATI to see what they have to make this work. I figure they should have pulleys that bolt onto the aftermarket balancers. Surely I am not the first person to use this combination......
Old 10-31-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hate it when "bolt ons" don't just bolt on. I mean yeah, if I'm doing something custom, I know going into it that its going to take me some time/fab work/trouble shooting and all that, but a bolt on should be simple.

A few weeks ago I put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on my TPI engine in my truck. I had to take the upper plenum off 3 times cause the stupid bold in the AFPR was too long...and the whole thing was made specifically for this engine. It was rather annoying.

Good luck with the install! That thing is going to be a beast.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

I just talked to ATI. Amazing, they had a solution. I now am the proud owner of an 8 rib pulley setup that will work with what I have. (I wanted an 8 rib setup anyway) And it 'only' cost me $350. So much for getting in on the N02 system deal. But the good news is it should give me around 10psi!!!

Now I need to go pimp all my 6 rib pulleys.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Even the mighty Radix had a few small issues, things not noted in the instructions, things that changed between 03 and 04 H2's, etc. I took note of all of them and emialed them in to Magnuson for a "free t-shirt" that I never got. It wasn't worth the trouble of documentation in my opinion. Last time I looked, they hadn't updated any of the instructions, either.

This is just par for the course. Magnuson has taken care of other issues, though, and replaced the one item that failed on mine. just no free t-shirts... LOL Sounds like ATI did the same for you and gave you a good deal on the upgrade items. Can't complain too much about that.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Pathological Modifier

You'll get it all worked out, Just think about how much fun you'll have once its all done!

Ryan
Old 10-31-2005, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Tis true, if it runs anywhere near where yours did this year, it will all be worth it! And any project like this is bound to have 'opportunites'. I wasn't trying to whine, just sharing the experience. I still can't believe all the suppliers I talked to that have never heard about any of this. Everyone must be strapping turbos onto their truck motors!

It certainly could be worse. Just think how much fun I'd be having if you hadn't told me about this bolt hole Ryan! I wouldn't have found any of this until after the motor was in the car.....
Old 10-31-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
... I still can't believe all the suppliers I talked to that have never heard about any of this...
Never heard or don't care? Hmmm.... I wonder sometimes!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHarris
Never heard or don't care? Hmmm.... I wonder sometimes!
That could be it Cory. They get their $ & never look back. You are right about the price too. If I really get the entire 8 rib setup for $350, that is a Hell of a deal compared to what other places are selling it for. I'm thinking that must have been the pulley only price....
Old 10-31-2005, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

I wany your idler arm pulley. Dibs if your getting rid of it. Mine!! Mine!!! Mine!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

I really hope this starts to become more smooth for you. Road bumps kinda suck. You want it to go smooth, but it rarely does. I can't wait to see that thing come alive...........

And thanks for sharing the pics and your experiences.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:46 AM
10 Second Club

You will get it together Mark, I would realy like to see that thing compete for a top spot next year. I know how this stuff goes, evrything I buy now has to be fit and made to work. Just the way it is with race parts
Old 11-01-2005, 05:36 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

For the $350.00 from ATI, you do get everything to convert it over from a 6 rib set-up to an 8 rib, but it does require the use of the ATI Performance Products harmonic balancer. Bob
Old 11-01-2005, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for your responses Bob! You seem to be one of the few sponsors on here that knows what is required to make this setup work. I do have the ATI balancer....

And you are right Jason, this is how building a 'race car' seems to go. I guess I've been out of the game too long since I was surprised when all my hi-perf goodies didn't just bolt together. Looking forward, I am sure there will be more bumps in the road (like getting my Mez water pump & FAT BeCool radiator to fit with this blower). I just need to remember that this is fun, not a PITA.

And I'm sorry Dougie, but I will still be using my idler......different belt.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

My Mantra seems to go like this....

"F#ck, SH*T, Godd^mn, Son of a B!tch, Motherf@cker!... I hate this sh*t!"

I don't really throw tools, but Jim always thinks I'm about to

The reality is that if this stuf was that easy... everybody would be doing it. But driving stock vehicles is for other people- not me.

Quick Reply: Stroker Blower Issues