Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Winter mod season has officially begun...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 12:41 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Winter mod season has officially begun...

Thanks to Cory and Jimbo, the camaro mod fest started tonight. Got to work on the car about 4pm. Jacked and on stands by the time Jim and Cory showed. At at 10pm all is done.

Motor is on the stand, Tranny is on the ground and the Turbo is on the shelf.

Tore the heads off the engine. Everything inside actually looked VERY good. NO signs of detonation. At this point it just looks like the rings are too loose. Tomorrow I'll pull the motor down abit more and take a look at the ring lands and bearings.

Called Futral today, the engine ships out on Monday. Now I just get to play the waiting game for the heads and new converter.

Still deciding if a new intake manifold would be a good addition or not...

Looks tempting
Ryan
Old 10-15-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that pulled from the Camaro? That intake is sick looking. You might have some problems with your current hood ..........Very nice I must say!!
Old 10-15-2005, 01:36 AM
10 Second Club

looks familiar except for the whole throttle body thing. Going to be a monster ryan.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Pathological Modifier

My last car had a nice single plane intake (Old News), Had to cut a **** ton to get it to fit with a standard throttle body. Those pictures are someone else's, but I am "thinking" about it.

Last edited by Ryan K; 10-15-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryan K
My last car had a nice single plane intake (Old News), Had to cut a **** ton to get it to fit with a standard throttle body. Those pictures are someone else's, but I am "thinking" about it.

Got yah..........you would need a cowl hood to go with that intake. Cowl hoods are so bad *** looking...

Do you think that intake will make a signigicant difference? the runners are so dirrect.........I would think it would help out a ton.....
Old 10-15-2005, 04:33 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks to Cory and Jimbo, the camaro mod fest started tonight. Got to work on the car about 4pm. Jacked and on stands by the time Jim and Cory showed. At at 10pm all is done.
No problem...although I did forget the injectors

Got yah..........you would need a cowl hood to go with that intake. Cowl hoods are so bad *** looking...
Ryan runs a cowl hood......He's already ahead of the game.....
Old 10-15-2005, 05:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimbob
No problem...although I did forget the injectors

Ryan runs a cowl hood......He's already ahead of the game.....

that's right, he put that on just a couple of months ago.........I haven't see his car since then. He posted up pics while he was installing it.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Motor is on the stand, Tranny is on the ground and the Turbo is on the shelf.

Tore the heads off the engine. Everything inside actually looked VERY good. NO signs of detonation. At this point it just looks like the rings are too loose. Tomorrow I'll pull the motor down abit more and take a look at the ring lands and bearings.

Called Futral today, the engine ships out on Monday. Now I just get to play the waiting game for the heads and new converter.

Still deciding if a new intake manifold would be a good addition or not...

Looks tempting
Ryan
You are at the really enjoyable stage now. No stooping over the fenders at this point.

Is the elbow that bolts to your intake the same size as a Holley base-plate? If so, I'd like to know where you got it and how much?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Pathological Modifier

Originally Posted by esoteric
You are at the really enjoyable stage now. No stooping over the fenders at this point.

Is the elbow that bolts to your intake the same size as a Holley base-plate? If so, I'd like to know where you got it and how much?
Well the one in the pictures isn't mine...but yes, the elbow is the same size as the standard 4150 holley. You can get them from Wilson Manifolds or Precision Turbo & Engine.

Ryan
Old 10-15-2005, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

DAMN! That looks SWEET Ryan....

Quick Reply: Winter mod season has officially begun...